cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going from twin lakes colorado to pagosa springs with an old rv

Upsman123
Explorer
Explorer

As stated I am trying to go to pagosa springs with an old rv.  I am a first time rv owner and nervous about taking a 1995 dolphin over wolf creek. It has been down to Florida and back and made 2 trips to Cali and Oregon and back in the last 10y. The milage is currently 74k. It starts and runs great, it is just that I have not driven this thing far and am wondering if and what is the best route to get to pagosa springs co.  

4 REPLIES 4

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

you probably would get a much better responce in the aproperat geographicle group instead of the technical issues group.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

RockyMt
Explorer
Explorer

Nothing worg with Wolf Creek pass, the steepist is probably 6%. Never heard of a 40% grade anywhere.

RockyMt
Explorer
Explorer

Nothing wrong with going over wolf creek. I know of no road that has a 40% grade, most of wolf creek is about 6%. From Leadville go 285 to Monte Vista  and over the hill!

Upsman123
Explorer
Explorer

We are coming from leadville area. I initially thought going from leadville through 24 to i70 down to Monticello up through cortez to pagosa but what I am seeing is that might be more than just going over wolf creek. I don't remember much going from pagosa to cortez but it seems there is a 40% grade at some point?