Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Generator Deal?

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry bout that folks. Link fixed.

Their RWB is same price as well.

Free shipping. Sure wish I could justify a(nother) gen.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CHAMPION-BLACK-OUT-GENERATOR/2339044.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3Fc...
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL
65 REPLIES 65

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
A Honda with overhead camshaft and ECU engine management would save a minimum of 30% on fuel. It is near impossible for a carburetor to offer ideal stoichiometric A/F ratio at differing engine speeds. Good for the wallet good for the environment.

Yeah, but that will lead us to another diesel V/s gaser dispute.
Not too many folks want to understand simple principle.
"Pay more now and less later, or less now and more each time you pump it. "

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A Honda with overhead camshaft and ECU engine management would save a minimum of 30% on fuel. It is near impossible for a carburetor to offer ideal stoichiometric A/F ratio at differing engine speeds. Good for the wallet good for the environment.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Healthy competition brings about technological advancement and lower prices. Honda and Yamaha should take note....

I like my Champ just fine thank you.....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
TomG2 wrote:
The topic should be, "Has competition in the generator business finally arrived?"

+1 on that statement...

Sayz guy who use Champion for years. :S
I bought my new Honda EU3000 for $900 and it serves me for 15 years.
Sure I did not put many hr on it, but it is nice to have something you can still solely depend after 15 years.
Would I spend 2 grands today for it, while having $500 choice? Heck no.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
TomG2 wrote:
The topic should be, "Has competition in the generator business finally arrived?"

+1 on that statement...
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
...snip......

It's time for Honda to drop noise levels even lower and/or add fuel injection (or instead add knob-adjustable jet size for altitude convenience) .......... OR LOWER PRICES.

The calculators are busy in Tokyo and the first big market impact of these new competitive generators will bring about some of your changes.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's my line-of-credit's worth on this topic:

A lot of - if not most of - products from Japanese companies are top notch quality. A lot of - if not most of - those top notch quality products from Japan are high priced, relatively. With regards to Honda portable generators that have been top notch quality (and sometimes technology) for years ... due to manufacturing efficiency improvements and the spread of technologies ... their generator high prices are probably now overly so, and are allowing them to be mostly cash cow products for Honda.

It's time for Honda to drop noise levels even lower and/or add fuel injection (or instead add knob-adjustable jet size for altitude convenience) .......... OR LOWER PRICES.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
j-d wrote:
I don't know who makes them for RYOBI but there's a $100 off "Flash Sale" today. That was on the 2200 and 1000 Watt Inverter Generators. Wondering if HF is taking some of the more established sellers out of their Comfort Zones.
Link to 2200 Watt
Link to 1000 Watt
I can't speak for or against these...

Now you have to start new topic
"Will Ryobi 2000 run 13.5k AC?"
and another
"Will Ryobi 2000 parallel with 1000 run 15k AC?"
Personally I like the idea that 80lb of generators will run big AC, while I can use the 1000 when all I need is coffee and battery charging.
Refueling might suck with small tanks, but heck, can't have everything in this life for pennies.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know who makes them for RYOBI but there's a $100 off "Flash Sale" today. That was on the 2200 and 1000 Watt Inverter Generators. Wondering if HF is taking some of the more established sellers out of their Comfort Zones.
Link to 2200 Watt
Link to 1000 Watt
I can't speak for or against these...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I just hate everybody, it's easier that way....:B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Just as a final notation to me and everyone else.
I'd bet that comparing folks in this forum to just the average RV'er a person would encounter in a campground - the forum folks would be better informed, more considerate, and more helpful. I am seldom wrong in my formed opinions about folks.

Therefore as I had posted in an earlier thread, I give people here the benefit of a doubt. If I believe there might be a sticking point somewhere I gently try snd draw it out. My magic word is learn. I know what I have learned off this forum and I treasure it - Thank You.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
TomG2 wrote:
Per the chart on ElectricGeneratorsDirect website:
Rotary Mower 90 dB
Vacuum Sweeper 70 dB
Champion 3500/4000 watt generator 68 dB
Normal speech 60 dB
Honda 3000 49dB (1/4) to 58dB full load.
Solar zero dB

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
SaltiDawg wrote:
TomG2,

Seems that you are every bit as aggressive in advancing an agenda as the "Sound Police."

You might want to dial it back a notch or two or three so that those of us that are just trying to learn might be able to do so. You have become the primary thread hijacker at this forum for people trying to explore generator options.

Thank you and I realize that. My only excuse is that there are several members who think it is automatically a bad thing to own an open framed generator regardless of the intended use.

I am done now.

Thanks again.