cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Greystone fireplace

statehoss1
Explorer
Explorer
So a question for those with fireplaces. I have a 2020 Cherokee Alpha Wolf. Forest River Product. It had a Greystone fireplace that had a thermostat that I could set a temp. It broke. It was replaced with a Greystone that is almost the same, but does not have the ability to set a temp although the sticker on the glass says it has a thermostat. I talked to Greystone customer service and they said it was a preset temp, but couldn't tell me what that temp was. So I just let the fireplace heat my camper to 73 degrees and was still pumping heat strong. It was downright hot in there. So my questions. Does anyone have one of these Greystones without the ability to set the desired temp? I get off, low, hi. If so, did it ever cycle off at some temperature? Any idea what that was? I use this fireplace a lot to heat the camper in spring and fall to avoid propane use. Not happy I got this as a replacement. To top it off, the documentation and owners manual dont match up to actual unit itself even though the model numbers say they should.
3 REPLIES 3

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced a Graystone with a new Graystone, the old I could set from 65?-90 at what ever I wanted. The replacement has a remote and goes from 65-95 in 5 degree incriminates, once you get the temp another push of the button gives you low/high/auto go too far and it drops to the next lower.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
That pretty lame by not having some kind of temp adjustment. Just me but I would be returning that.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you can't make it work, you could add something like this: Line level thermostat