cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have heat not air why? But I had air before

huron52
Explorer
Explorer

Ever since I got the 5th wheel I have used my Air conditioner mounted in the ceiling and it has work fine. Last fall and again this spring I used the heater for the first time with no problem. Fired up, heated the 5th wheel just fine.

This week I went camping down in WV and thought to cool down the insides a little.
Turned the thermostat to cool and the fan in the heater came on. No matter what temperature I set the controls , the fan on the heater came on but not the air conditioner.
I was hooked up to 30 amp and other trailers in the campgrounds where running there air conditioners.

Does anybody think that there is maybe a problem with the thermostat? suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
YOu may have a bug.. A genuine bug,,

Do you know why we call a glitch in a program a "BUG" (I do) (I even known someone who was there, at least electronically).

The first computer developed a problem.. Turns out a bug (Insect) had gotten to a switch (relay I think) and was causing the problem.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
Yes in the picture the thermostat is set to off.

So here is a follow up after posting this thread. The trailer sitting in the driveway at home plugged in to a 15 amp I turn the thermostat to cool and the air conditioner runs.
Now I have air !
I play with the settings, air then heat and air and back to heat back with some time between each setting , they both work.
Ok it has me scratching my head.

thanks for all the comments.
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
thermo appears to be 'off'
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I would also pull it off the wall to check the wires behind it, but it does sound like a bad t-stat.
-- Chris Bryant

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
donn0128 wrote:
Bad thermostat!

According to your picture, you have the thermostat set to manual fan. Select auto fan and try again

Will not make any difference if on Manual or Auto for the Roof AC to come on other than a few minutes time delay for the motor to come on, on Auto, and no difference about the Furnace fan motor. The wall tstat does NOT control the furnace fan motor operation. I doubt the wall tstat is bad. May have shorted or chewed wires, but not a defective tstat. Doug

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also in the pic. the AC is not on.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad thermostat!

According to your picture, you have the thermostat set to manual fan. Select auto fan and try again