cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I trouble shoot my thermostat to rule it out?

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
Looking on the internet I think I have a Coleman Mach 7330-3322. When I turn it from off to either heat or cool I get the fan on the heater.
From my search I have found I have a Green wire- High Fan
Gray wire- Low Fan
Yellow wire- Compressor
Red wire - 12 volt positive
Blue wire- 12volt negative
White wire- Heat

How can I trouble shoot to see if it is my thermostat and not something else? Can I check voltage? Would it be safe to start crossing wires?
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler
6 REPLIES 6

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
I have ordered a new thermostat. I guess I'll see if that fixes the problem. Will report back with an update.
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
T-stat can not control just furnace fan.
Furnace fan should come on when you select 'heat' (and t-stat set point is higher than inside temp) but after purge cycle burner should light off

But for furnace fan to come on when you select 'cool' indicates problem is with furnace fan control (circuit board)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
If you disconnect the white wire (heat), only the fans on the AC have control. The heater should not come on.

If it still comes on, you have a problem other than the thermostat.

You may have a choice on the thermostat to select whether you are using electric heat or gas heat. If set to the electric or heat pump setting it will turn the fan on. I use that setting to control my basement fan when the gas furnace is on.
Joe and Evelyn

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe shut power to the thermostat for 45 secs to see if it will reset. Found this on another post: "I set the control slide switch to "off", and removed the cover of the thermostat by gently prying on the left side of the cover, and then opened the fuse by pulling it from the right side of it's connection holder. Count to 15, put it back in. put the slide switch in "cool" et voila - all is well."
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
The Fan-hi and Fan-lo wires should go to the A/C unit
Only the white wire controls the heater.

It's not making sense to me, my guess is that the thermostat electronics might be hosed up
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
This is a split system correct? We have a Coleman Mach and there is a roof unit for AC and the lower furnace unit. The furnace fan should not activate when the thermostat is in AC mode. My thoughts are something went bad in the thermostat and it's only commanding heat not and not AC no matter where the switch is.