cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic Leveling jacks not wanting to retract??

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II

Late last year I notice a couple of my leveling jacks on my 2015 cyclone toyhauler were not retracting all the way when I tried to retract them If i pressed the button a second time they would retract fully.  By the end of our camping season, I was having to press the retract button 3-4 times to get all 6 jacks fully retracted.  This week I picked th ecoach up from winter storage. I only had the front jacks deployed.  the passenger side retracted all the way up, but the drivers side only came up a couple inches before stopping. I waited a few second and pressed the button again. The jacks retracted another 2-3".  I had to repeat this process 3-4 times. Anyone have any ideas what my issue may be?  It seems to be getting worse. My concern is that I will get to a campground for out first trip this year and will ot be able to get all the jacks to fully retract.   They go down fine and the auto level works fine They just have difficulty retracting

10 REPLIES 10

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III

If you have the Level Up system from Lippert, You need to replace the 50amp resettable breaker with a 80amp breaker. Their updated documentation calls for an 80amp breaker.  I did the update and have had zero problems getting the 6point system to go either up or down with one press of the auto retract or auto level.

USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

would that be the fuse in the fuse box that can be tripped and reset, or iis it an inline fuse?

It is not a fuse but a resettable circuit breaker. It is located in the front compartment where the pump is located.  There should a strip of them. There should be a large red cable coming from the pump to the circuit breaker. Check the breaker and if it is a 50amp, then it needs to be replaced with an 80amp one. The problem is that you will have to actually mount the 80amp breaker on the wall as it will not be the same size as the 50amp.  If I can find a picture of the end result I will post it. There was a set of pictures on the old forum, but I don't know who to locate them.

USN EN2
2015 Voltage 3200

I found the info for the breaker.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB0051P01BW%3Fref%3Dppx_pop_mob_ap... 

USN EN2
2015 Voltage 3200

Just to be sure, the rig levels without problem. It is only when retracting that I have a problem, and it only started toward the end of last summer.  Does this sound the same as the issue you were dealing with?  Does the fuse automatically reset?  I have not reset mune when it stops retracting. I just wait 10-15 seconds and then press the retract button again.

I think it is similar. The existing circuit breaker is an automatic resetting one and it takes a short time, maybe 10-15 seconds, to reset which is what the 80amp breaker resolves. As long at the breaker is resetting, and you are OK with the time lag, and starting over, I would leave it alone. In my case it was doing it anytime I used the system. It became a pain.

USN EN2
2015 Voltage 3200

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II

Thanks for the information.  I did check the fluid level last year before I put it in storage and the level was fine.  I will try a dry lubricant.  I do notice click coming from the hydraulic area before the jacks stop coming up.  Soetimes I have to wait 15-20 seconds before pressing the switch again or they will not move.

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III

Like what  craig7h said. Use some lube on the cylinders. I do it once a year on my level up system. Works great.

USN EN2
2015 Voltage 3200

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II

My jacks have the springs to help raise them up. I have one jack that always wants to lag behind to others. I have found that spraying the cylinder with dry silicone spray helps with the problem. My fix will be to replace the old springs with new at some time.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

If it is a hydraulic system check the fluid levels.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.