cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hydro flame furnace problem

Indycheez
Explorer
Explorer
hello and I do hope I am posting this in the right location. I have an older TC with a hydro flame furnace Model 8012 12k btu. I am trying to get it going but have run into a problem. I've taken it apart and cleaned out loads of bug carcasses and dust and webs and nests. Got assembled again and went to light pilot and no go. I checked all the fittings and found 2 leaks, both from the line that runs from the pilot valve into the burner plate. Brass fittings and aluminum line. I cannot find a replacement part for this and am at a dead end. Is there a work around? Can I pipe dope the heck out of the fittings? I just don't know what to do next. I've got camping world looking into it too but as of yet nothing.
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take the old tube to a Good Water heater type or oven type repair place. Odds are they can cut and "Fit" a tube for you in a matter of minutes.

Kind of like the custom Muffler places that cut, shape and bend pipe to need. In fact exactly like but smaller pipe.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

smthbros
Explorer
Explorer
Once upon a time, pilot line and fittings were stock items in hvac trade. Maybe check with a local (old?) furnace guy?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is another model from Camco.
Camco 8763

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Indycheez
Explorer
Explorer
That looks promising. I need to look to see if the gas port that attaches to the burner chamber plate will unscrew from the brass fitting and aluminum tube. If so this might work if I completely run out of options. Thanks

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You may take a close look at the water heater pilot tube to see if it can be modified safely for your furnace.

Water heater pilot assembly

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker