cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If your going to ask for help then you should ************

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If you ask for help then when you get it fixed you should tell us all what the fix was.
10 REPLIES 10

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
2oldman wrote:
yeah, plus come back and answer questions and thank people. Imagine calling someone and asking for help and when they answer just hang up.

Devil's advocate here...

This group and Tow Vehicles are both pretty brutal.

So imagine yourself on that hypothetical call asking for help and the response is, "Did you try holding a magnet to the switch behind the fridge, moron? I can't believe people like you keep calling. And did you try searching the call logs first? Stupid people like you keep forgetting to use Google and just call me anyway like I don't have anything better to do."

I'd go hold the magnet to the switch and then delete this person's number from my phone instead of calling to say thanks.

I've never understood how or why this particular group is so impatient. There's some decent knowledge here, but I don't blame some members for not coming back for follow-up discussion after the way some folks treat them. Some of y'all are halfway intelligent, but are you really good enough to dole out so much disrespect?

And does everyone's stuff work so well here that you never have to make those desperate calls for help? Have we all forgotten the feeling of being broke down somewhere or having something go wrong that might jeopardize a trip? It really sucks. Maybe if there were a little more compassion those folks wouldn't leave so pissed. Instead, they get an answer and an earful and they stomp off mad whether their problem is solved or not. And half the time the poor OP isn't even sure if the response was a real solution or just some smartass jerking their chain for a laugh. (Should I really hold a magnet up to the sail switch on my fridge, or am I being punked?)

A little patience and empathy might bring some of these folks back for a longer discussion.

Well said!!!
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

And how many times do you ask a question and come back 2 days later and it is gone who knows where. This has happened to me more than once.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
Cloud Dancer wrote:
IMO most helpers are NOT trained to be instructors. I'll quit right here, because it takes me half a page to properly explain what I'm talking about.

Dude, what are you talking about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I see the humor in it now. Sorry
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

dedmiston
Cloud Dancer wrote:
IMO most helpers are NOT trained to be instructors. I'll quit right here, because it takes me half a page to properly explain what I'm talking about.

Dude, what are you talking about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well said! And something I hope to take to heart and remember in the future.

dedmiston
2oldman wrote:
yeah, plus come back and answer questions and thank people. Imagine calling someone and asking for help and when they answer just hang up.

Devil's advocate here...

This group and Tow Vehicles are both pretty brutal.

So imagine yourself on that hypothetical call asking for help and the response is, "Did you try holding a magnet to the switch behind the fridge, moron? I can't believe people like you keep calling. And did you try searching the call logs first? Stupid people like you keep forgetting to use Google and just call me anyway like I don't have anything better to do."

I'd go hold the magnet to the switch and then delete this person's number from my phone instead of calling to say thanks.

I've never understood how or why this particular group is so impatient. There's some decent knowledge here, but I don't blame some members for not coming back for follow-up discussion after the way some folks treat them. Some of y'all are halfway intelligent, but are you really good enough to dole out so much disrespect?

And does everyone's stuff work so well here that you never have to make those desperate calls for help? Have we all forgotten the feeling of being broke down somewhere or having something go wrong that might jeopardize a trip? It really sucks. Maybe if there were a little more compassion those folks wouldn't leave so pissed. Instead, they get an answer and an earful and they stomp off mad whether their problem is solved or not. And half the time the poor OP isn't even sure if the response was a real solution or just some smartass jerking their chain for a laugh. (Should I really hold a magnet up to the sail switch on my fridge, or am I being punked?)

A little patience and empathy might bring some of these folks back for a longer discussion.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anonymous bad manners on a website is not a new thing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
To the extent this is a Tech Issue and not a personal issue, don't be so passive aggressive. Get after it! Be specific. lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold