cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inverter ?

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
1. When i stop for the day does the inverter automatically start working -Provided of course I am not hooked up to shore power?

2. Does the inverter run power to all electrical plugs like tv's lights, etc or are there designated electrical plugs that only the inverter sends power to?

thanks in advance,

Jim
17 REPLIES 17

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
My inverter kicks in as soon as I disconnect from shore power, and switches to charging when I hook up again.

Hard to say what your setup is, automatic or manual.

As far as what outlets are connected, no way to tell from here. Maybe ask the previous owner, or hire an electrician.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since inverters use some power when on but idle and you donโ€™t need 110 volts all the time, I prefer throwing the switch when needed. Some RVs have all 110 plugs powered when the Inverter is on and some donโ€™t. Run a test to determine if yourโ€™s does. Have you determined all the numbers regarding your battery capacity and 110 appliances running via the inverter?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 Winne inverter must be turned manually. We can leave it on and power our fridge on electricity rather than gas but that's not a really heavy gas user. Depending on the size of inverter, everyone's use is probably different. I have not seen one that turns on automatically. The current scheme I've seen with newer RVs is that they default to installing one big enough for a residential fridge whether or not the RV has one. I suspect they do that to salvage sales that might not happen if the buyer wanted a residential instead of gas. Easier to swap the fridges out. We improved the functionality of ours by replacing the 2 12 volt "deep cycles" with 2 golf cart batteries. That let us use our microwave easily at lunch stops without firing up the generator and watch TV as long as we want at night when at dry camping locations.