Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

maximum dc voltage output Magnum 3012 with remote

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I was toying with my charge voltages. I wanted to try 15.4. When I set 15.4 on the remote it did not get above 14.7 volts. The bank was fairly full so it was only doing between 8 and 10 amps of charging.

Does anyone know the maximum dc output voltage?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
24 REPLIES 24

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
The nice thing about Magnum, is the Custom Battery settings.
Once you ID the specific battery charge, you use the custom mode.
Next step will be Lithium - Magnum makes it very easy to setup.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi jharrel,

Thanks for that information on the equalize function.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

jharrell
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
So that I can do a recovery on the AGM's when that becomes needed. At 77 f (25 c) lifeline suggests recovery voltage for 8 hours @ 15.48 volts.

Did you look at using the equalization function? You can set voltage and hours, then you hold down the charger button for 5 seconds while in float and it will do the equalization charger, even had a reminder in days that can be setup.
2016 Winnebago Vista 31be - Blue Ox Rear Track Bar - Centramatic Wheel balancers
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Toad - Readybrute Elite Towbar

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I was toying with my charge voltages. I wanted to try 15.4. When I set 15.4 on the remote it did not get above 14.7 volts. The bank was fairly full so it was only doing between 8 and 10 amps of charging.

Does anyone know the maximum dc output voltage?
I think we all assumed you were setting bulk/absorption.
I did post that there must be some other limit.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Time2roll,

So that I can do a recovery on the AGM's when that becomes needed. At 77 f (25 c) lifeline suggests recovery voltage for 8 hours @ 15.48 volts.

Since the computer boards in the RV can't withstand more than 15.4 I thought that with temperature compensation that would be enough to do the deed.
Regards, Don

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
John,

Thanks to jharrel I discovered absorb setting has to be higher than the float value. All is well.
Regards, Don

full_mosey
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Do you have a Voltage cap set? The cap might be lower than the 15.4V Abs you are trying with the result that your cap setting is overriding.

Does your Battery-Temp-Sensor work. I did once have a faulty one from Magnum. It could have been the circuit board though as I ended up exchanging the entire inverter and BTS cable.

HTH;
John

jharrell
Explorer
Explorer
Thought that might be it, doesn't make sense to have float higher than absorb, wish they would note that behavior in the manual though. Was about to go out and try it myself.
2016 Winnebago Vista 31be - Blue Ox Rear Track Bar - Centramatic Wheel balancers

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
jharrel,

Bingo! You have to reset absorb to a higher number than the float. (give yourself a gold star!)
Regards, Don

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
jharrel,

No, my usual float is 13.2 However, I'm not getting any where near 15.4. I will try resetting both float and absorb.
Regards, Don

jharrell
Explorer
Explorer
Manual says 16v max, what did you set absorb volts to? You really want to float at 15.4v always?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Chris,

I can understand. They are used to dealing with folks who scream about a problem and provide little or no information. That is why I asked on rvnet first.
Regards, Don

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I hate that. It usually takes 3 or 4 exchanges before the CS person actually reads what you write, and that in your first email you answered all of the questions they emailed back.
-- Chris Bryant