cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxfan odd operation

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Maxxfan in my 2014 TT (don't know the model #). It is power open/close with a rain sensor. Last season it started to open and close about 10 times before finally staying open when I turned it on. It would be nice and dry out or I wouldn't use the fan, so unless there is an issue with the rain sensor (which never worked to begin with) it's not that. The Maxxfan website seems to be having issues and I can't get at any documentation or tech help at the present time. Has anyone else experienced this ?
Always looking for the perfect site.
3 REPLIES 3

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
My Fantastic Fan has a rain sensor, if it ever quits working I will probably just unhook it and install a cover.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
cmarkj wrote:
I have a Maxxfan in my 2014 TT (don't know the model #). It is power open/close with a rain sensor. Last season it started to open and close about 10 times before finally staying open when I turned it on.

Never understood the need for a rain sensor when every vent should have a vent cover over it anyway. If you suspect the rain sensor in yours is the cause of your issue I'd be inclined to see if it can't be permanently disconnected.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You could clean the little sensor off and see if that helps. They get awfully dusty.