cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MH window seals

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
I sure wish Honda made RVs our 1997 Honda has twice the miles and twice the age and so far just battery and tires.
with the sunova there always at least one problem.
what is happening with the window seals?
thanks all
6 REPLIES 6

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
someone wrote..."The seal that has pulled out of the window in the picture is the filler plug." are they right? what is it for? is it available at napa parts type stores?
thanks all

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That glazing piece really only holds the glass in a bit- the actual seal is between the glass and frame. I usually fill the gap with black or brown silicone- simply for cosmetic reasons. Replacing it is an option- your kind is easier to work with than some.
-- Chris Bryant

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
anon125 wrote:
thanks. wonder why it waited 10 years to shrink!
is it usually7 glued in?
They shrink gradually over time, I noticed mine after about 10 years. Now at 20 years they have shrunk about 2 ins in total length, 1 in on either side of the center frame. I put black butyl tape in the space and molded it to the contour of the rubber so water will not get in and overflow the channels. Even a small gap will allow water to get in. I like imgoing4it's idea of leaving the gap at the top.

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks. wonder why it waited 10 years to shrink!
is it usually7 glued in?

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
The rubber insert shrinks. Take some of it out, reposition it leaving the shortage at the top of the window. It stops shrinking after awhile and the space at the top is not a problem. If you find the material you can fill in the space with smaller pieces sometime in the future if you desire to do so
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

westend
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like the rubber insert has shrunk or loosened. I'd suggest to reposition it and use some adhesive so that it stays in place.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton