cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microwave Removal

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
My microwave is not flange-mounted (really a countertop model) so the method of removal is not immediately apparent. What I found was that it was secured by two screws into the top of the microwave through the shelf above:

Getting it out after removing the screws wasn't easy. There was a lip at the bottom of the cabinet that foot pads of the microwave hung up on. It took some serious prying with a flat pry bar to get the foot pads over the cabinet lip.
Currently Between RVs
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL over the counter Microwaves will have an EXTRA set of mount screws NOT part of the Installation instructions for the Microwave. The reason is simple. The Microwaves are built for HOME use and there is no movement or bumping/vibration force put on the mount plate. In an RV, the heavy Microwave will be subject to forces that will cause it to bounce up and down and if the RV OEM's did not install additional mount brackets or screws the Microwave will actually shear off the back wall metal mount plate and fall down. This is why under warranty, the Microwave warranty company will NOT remove the Microwave in an RV for warranty work. You either do it or the RV Dealer does it. They also will usually NOT remove in an RV if out of warranty and the Microwave needs repair. Doug

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
My microwave must have been mounted in the cabinet with the cabinet on its back. It was mounted with screws in the front trim, but when stood up right the microwave feet didn't touch the cabinet floor. Didn't take long for the trim to crack and fail. I made longer feet and replaced the trim.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I had to replace the microwave in my last camper. The microwave was secured to the bottom of the cabinet by screws that actually came through those little feet on the bottom of the microwave. So the screws went all the way through the bottom of the cabinet. Replacing was no trouble but I did have to drill new holes to match the new microwave feet. The biggest problem with removing the trim and making it match because the new microwave was a little bit smaller. A little creativity and it worked out great. Got them a new microwave from Walmart and it sold with the camper when we traded. It was a little good microwaves. Not sure how the current camper has. Good job there, hope it works well for you.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
All I can say is WOW. What a way to mount a microwave. No wonder RVs have so many issues.