Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco 2005 - Aladdin & other systems maintenance & repairs

BobnSofi
Explorer
Explorer
ok,

we picked up a 2005 Monaco Camelot, with the Aladdin system.

In out prior gasser, we knew every inch, every connection, every system

Now with the 2005 Monaco, it seems the coach systems are electronically extremely complex, and since they are 11 years old, individual complex systems failures are right around the corner.

For instance, yesterday, after a long haul, no slides, no click, nothing. A few hours later... no problem. Slides out. So, some fail safe item created the delay.

How do you pros that own complex aging RV systems deal with this?

Can we easily upgrade the entire Aladdin system before it pokes us (unlikely), or, more than likely, do ya stick with it and easily repair/replace systems as their useful life expires and they fail?

thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Did you get the owners manual. Read it through and take notes. Then go through it again in a few days. You will be amazed at the details you missed.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a Monaco but it's my understanding that the Aladdin System was only a monitoring system like Silverleaf. The slide system on our 2005 Country Coach is electric Power Gear by Lippert. They also make hydraulic. Although Country Coach was out of business for a few years, we have not had any problems finding someone to work on our coach components. Search on www.monacocoach.com and locate a dealer or service center. They should be able to assist. I agree that you should just have it checked out and not get rid of what's still working. On our 2005 coach we had intermittent slide problems. If electric, check the motor and gears, if hydraulic check the reservoir. We found on our coach that we had loose electrical connections in the rear electrical bay that caused the problem. We also have fuses and-or limit switches in the slides that prevent failure. If these limit switches trip, you must wait a few minutes before trying it again. We also had a loose wire going to the slide out motor in the living room slide. Also your coach batteries must be charged. We turn the ignition key to the "on" position when extending or retracting our slides.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. If it is working, don't try to replace it until you do know how all of the systems work.

I am a Certified Electronic Tech and it has taken me a long time to get comfortable with all the gee whiz stuff on these monsters. Owning many RV's over 40 years still did not fully prepare me for these wonders.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There is the Aladdin Jr and the Aladdin Sr(hi line Monaco's) systems that Monaco used. The Aladdin Jr, does NOT have the Holding tank readout on the LCD dash screen(plus other displays). As to what happens, Monaco after they went under in 2008, Aladdin parts are few and hard to find. There is no real replacement for an Aladdin system utilizing the existing sensors and wiring. This company says they have replacement and upgradeable parts, I would give them a call. Doug

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/