cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Montana roof wrinkle/bubble

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine owns a large (about 38 foot) 2012 Montana 5th wheel. He just purchased it a few weeks ago and has never been on the roof because of vertigo issues.

Today as a favor I went up on the roof to do a visual inspection. I noticed some hairline cracks in the caulking around the vents and found the front mushroom vent cap was missing.

I did see something that caught my attention. About every 4 feet there was a bubble/wrinkle in the rubber roof....running the width of the roof along what I suspect is the roof rafter. I counted what seemed to be 9 rafters and each had this bubble. I glanced at an adjacent Montana and it too seemed to have this bubble along the rafters.

Is this something common to just the Montana 5th wheels? What is causing this bubble? Should it be a serious concern?

Thanks for your comments.
6 REPLIES 6

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like too many wrinkles or bubbles to me. A few are acceptable, but too many, the roof is not properly glued.

Our 2013 HH has ZERO bubbles, Our previous two Carriage Cameos had no bubbles or wrinkles.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
donn0128 wrote:
Perfectly normal. My fiver has been like that for 10 years. It is the roof sheeting seams.

Same on my TT. 10 years, no problems.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Perfectly normal. My fiver has been like that for 10 years. It is the roof sheeting seams.

donn0128.....

Are your seams slightly "bubbled" ?

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I would say no . Not common. Perhaps you can do a phone video to show your friend exactly what you are seeing?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)