cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 12 volt compressor refrigerators

Johnny_Hurryup
Explorer
Explorer
I'm seeing these new 12 volt compressor refrigerators in RVs. Anyone have experience with them? Plusses minusses???
16 REPLIES 16

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not use one of them but I have a 'Chest style" Freezer/fridge(one or the other) The original was an Engel lasted 16 years Loved it. the new one is an LG.. It too is good but ... I don't trust LG products as a rule.

These units suck less than 50 watts with the door closed V/s 350 for an absorption cooling unit.

Though I'm out of the RV life just now (not entirely by choice but.. it's a good thign) If I get back in I'll be SERIOUSLY looking at 'em.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
If dry camping you will need adequate batteries and a method of recharging. Solar is the easiest and works most days. Estimate average daily amp use, multiply my at least 1.5 and build from there. What is amp use of the 12 volt fridge you are considering?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad