cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new fantastic fan

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I had a new 2250 Fantastic Fan installed by a RV shop to replace one that got crunched when a muffler shop raised my RV too high into the ceiling.

I noticed right away that the fan is very noisy, much more than the old one. I called Dometic who owns them and had them listen as I turned it on. The lady immediately knew it was too loud and said it must be a bad motor. They are sending me a new one, but then I have to install it. I found a youtube showing how. If I have a problem I'll take it back to the rv shop & pay them.

It does look nice.
9 REPLIES 9

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
IIRC, the old Fantastic motors drew quite a bit of battery current, even on the lowest speed.

The 10-speed MaxxAir is surprisingly efficient - Draws less than 0.3 amps at the 30% speed setting.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
The replacement motor is a bit less noisy, but not as quiet as the 25 year old one. I wish I could use the old motor in the new housing, but it is too tall.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I just got the new fan motor. I tested it before installation. It seems much quieter. Hope I can install it today. I will record the fan noise before swap out and after to compare.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ADAD437 wrote:
i will never buy another ff, i put one in my rv last summer and it has always been noisy,

Ditto.

I have a Fantastic Fan in the cabover area (bed) of my truck camper. It's loud. IO don't use it.

I replaced the bathroom vent fan with a Maxxfan Deluxe and it's much quieter. I bought the 10 speed model.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i will never buy another ff, i put one in my rv last summer and it has always been noisy, i have an other old one origional that came with my 2005 dolphin and it is the quietnes you always expected from ff.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Fantastic Endless Breeze fan. At home it rumbled. I contacted the company. They sent a replacement that was an obviously used fan. That fan squeals. I have hope that I can find 120 volt EB Pabst fans (multiple) to jam inside the Endless Breeze case. For continuous use, nothing beats ball bearings and brushless motors. But i am done with Fantastic products.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was disappointed when all three of my fans were MaxxAir instead of Fantastic on my custom ordered DRV. I will say they have been great with 7 years of full time use!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced a used one time fantastic fan on my trailer. It was so noisy and moved very little air.

I installed a new MaxxAir fan and so glad I did.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not an FF just a standard Bathroom fan but....
I remember when I was last in Lost Wages..
Couple flew in and was picked up by the RV dealer
Handed the keys to a brand new (Sticker in the window) Class C
(I had to help the owner get in cause he did not know which key went to which lock on the door. Tri-mark, same latch I had but different key codes).

Well they went to Sam's town for dinner. tried to park in the structure (There was clearance but the pipe and chain hung lower) The pipe slipped in under the Winegard "Flying Saucer" style antenna. Ripped it off, Flew up on the resulting launch ramp and came down on top of the bathroom vent.

They returned to the campground with a whole bunch of brand new DUCT TAPE on the roof.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times