cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No DC power

Happycamper23
Explorer
Explorer

I have no DC power on my camper at all. Not on shore power or off shore power. I replaced the battery and have replaced the converter twice, so both are brand new. I am getting the proper voltage at the battery, converter, and from the battery to the power center. All the fuses have been replaced. Still no power. The AC side of the power center works fine. It is a 1987 Jayco that I recently upgraded from a 15 amp to 30 amp service with a WFCO 8955. It start when I hooked the battery up wrong. I blew the reverse polarity fuse and tech support told me to replace the converter. I replaced the converter twice along with all the fuses and nothing. I am at a total loss at this point. I would appreciate any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3

time2rollagain
Explorer II
Explorer II

So in the power center I assume voltage was checked on the 12v accessory wire that comes off the fuse(s) and goes to the 12v load, Yes?

Otherwise need to trace where the voltage stops.  Eventually there will be a connection, switch, fuse etc that has 12v on one side and nothing on the other.  Although with ALL power out I would suspect the ground bus has become disconnected.  Possibly when replacing the converter.

I appreciate you replying! Correct the voltage was checked at 12v accessory wire. This model power center didnโ€™t come with a 12v side ground busbar I did add one. All of the negative wires for the lights, water pump, and fan are connected to it. I didnโ€™t ground it to the frame like the 120v side bus bar is grounded. Could that be the problem?

@Happycamper23 wrote:

โ€ฆI didnโ€™t ground it to the frame like the 120v side bus bar is grounded. Could that be the problem?

Yes, without actually seeing in person how you have wired this setup, I would guess this is your problem.