cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No power to leveling jacks

wxphoo2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1994 Vogue Prima Vista diesel pusher, with the HWH 100 series leveling jacks. The control panel is separate from the levers.
For some reason, I do not have 12v power to the control panel, either with the key in ACC or ON. I applied 12v from a separate battery, and the control panel, pump and jacks worked fine. I put a volt meter on the 12v line coming in and got nothing. Chassis battery is fine, no other electrical issues with the coach. I have attempted to trace the 12v line as far back as I can, in an attempt to find a fuse or loose connection, but I haven't found anything to this point. I have also tried to find loose ground wires, but no luck there, either. The fuse in the chassis panel which includes the jacks is good.
What am I missing? Is there a fuse I haven't found? I have seen references to a "control box" in some posts. Does the 100 series have a control box in addition to the control panel or is this only on newer systems?
Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have. By the way, I do have a call in to HWH and am waiting for a call back.
7 REPLIES 7

wxphoo2
Explorer
Explorer
I am relieved to report that I finally got my leveling jacks repaired. After talking to the tech from HWH and getting his ok, I just ran a new 12v line straight to the control panel and called it good. I'm so glad to be done with that! Thanks for everyone's input, I really appreciate it!

wxphoo2
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you,Gjac. I called hwh this morning and they said I should be hearing from a tech very soon, so I guess I'll wait a couple more days. I'm hoping I'll get them fixed eventually! In the meantime, I'll go back to their website and see what else I can find out. Thanks again!

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 1996 HWH 200 series and it does have a control box/board. I had this same problem and had to replace the board. The board was located under the control panel on my system. HWH has nice troubleshooting guides online to help you determine the problem. Also I have found if you call the parts department you can talk to them immediately and they are helpful. The helpline did not return my call until after the system was fixed. I think this time of year the help line is understaffed. They respond much quicker in the winter.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, I know that feeling of trying to stick your head under the dash!! I may have some of that in my near future, my odometer stopped working last time out(it's stuck at 92,000, so I guess it's OK if I don't fix it..haha)...speedometer is still working, so that's the funny thing. Good Luck
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

wxphoo2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for replying, even though I'm somehow posted this in the wrong place. It seems like I have looked everywhere, but I'll sure look around the air cleaner again. That should be a lot easier than standing on my head looking under the dash!

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whoops....now I see you are asking about control box power, mmmm it still may be that 12 volt reset breaker in the rear...worth a try anyways. Good Luck..
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey, if it's anything like my '96 Vogue with the same leveling system, you have a breaker in the engine compartment that can be reset. Mine is located up and under the air cleaner on the metal plate on the passenger side. I suggest a flashlight because even though I've reset it on a number of occasions, I sometimes miss it. Mine is just a simple switch you push back in....look for some rather large wires running to it. Hope that helps???
96 Vogue Prima Vista