cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold fridge hi temp limit swirch

Not applicable
Any help on this which shows Li oP default flashing code appreciated. Book says " call dealer or norcold" of course when you're out on the weekend and service places don't return calls or want to help. It's a 2014 MH. So not really old. Any home remedies or experience. .?
Thanks from " back to the playmate cooler" Dennis.
10 REPLIES 10

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
doxiemom11 wrote:
Ours has tripped from extreme humidity also. We reset it with the magnet. Seems like I've heard you can only reset it once, won't work again. Not sure though.

Nope - I reset ours twice in a 24 hour period during the storm.

But I do seem to remember something else that you can only try to reset three times and then you have to take it to a dealer, but I'm obviously fuzzy on that. We learned that one on the refer last year.
Maybe it was trying to relight it more than three times when the safety had already tripped???

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours has tripped from extreme humidity also. We reset it with the magnet. Seems like I've heard you can only reset it once, won't work again. Not sure though.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
henleyd wrote:
I'm amazed!! I went to lowes, got a small size magnet. Plugged the fridge back up. Moved the magnet around on the sensor switch, the red light went OUT and the default code inside stopped blinking. The fridge is cold, got ice, saved $200 + likely. The local rv dealers at lake of the ozarks can kiss my deplorable posterior. They weren't any help. These forums are us taking care of one another. Thanks.

What I carry, and you may of had but didn't think of, is one of those magnets on an expanding stick or wand for betting things out of cracks when you drop them. Mine have strong magnets on them.

Also, something you should read up on is if the sensor fails completely, there's a way to wire in a bypass. I had to do that because of the original retrofit sensors were failing.

I believe the current retrofit sensor should have REV E or Version E on it, but someone may be able to correct me on that.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you got it fixed for almost free. I had the same thing happen a year ago and the RV Mobile guy told me what to do over the phone. It was a holiday weekend and he was going fishing.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Not applicable
I'm amazed!! I went to lowes, got a small size magnet. Plugged the fridge back up. Moved the magnet around on the sensor switch, the red light went OUT and the default code inside stopped blinking. The fridge is cold, got ice, saved $200 + likely. The local rv dealers at lake of the ozarks can kiss my deplorable posterior. They weren't any help. These forums are us taking care of one another. Thanks.

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the fridge has to be on for the magnet to work
Good Luck

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dang slow internet.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
A strong magnet above the red light on the POS recall box should reset it. Move the magnet around there until it resets.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Not applicable
Thanks. The opening behind the fridge may have tripped the switch from weather. It was in our carport on table rock lake during storms. But it worked fine for a day on the road, then showed the default code. The magnet may work, as that has been mentioned on other forums. We help each other more than these **** service centers.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't think this will help, but.

On our 2005 DP which had the recalls done on it, they added a small safety sensor / switch. If it trips (like it did twice in the high winds and rain in St Louis last week) the red light will come on. At first I thought the red light meant all was well, that it had power. I was wrong, the red light means it tripped.

To reset it, you need a fairly strong magnet. Put the magnet right above the red light for several seconds, depending on surrounding noise you may or may not hear it click and reset. When it resets the power goes out and you can restart the refer.

Since you have a newer MH, it may not have the recall safety device on it.

Bill