Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold refrigerator issues

CanuckRV
Explorer
Explorer
I am having two issues with my (1992) Norcold 6082
the first is one I knew about it blows the house GFCI when plugged in to my shore power if I use a non GFCI plug it is fine, so really not a big issue until I installed my Samlex 3000 inverter it also has a built in GFCI I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with the tech desk yesterday trouble shooting and narrowed it down to the fridge again simple fix is to unplug the fridge any time I have the inverter on not really what I want to have to do. So I need a fix for that.
The second issue is now the fridge is not lighting when outside I can hear the gas valve open and it sounds like gas is flowing, the igniter is sparking but it will not light, I have made sure that the propane should be there and it is not air in the line, both by running other gas appliances and trying to light the fridge around 50 times.

Help with either of these problems or both would be appreciated.
Thanks so much
The Galavan 1991 34' Newport by Cobra.
Traveling companions Oscar, Maya.
3 REPLIES 3

CanuckRV
Explorer
Explorer
Got the propane fixed the burner was full of junk, I guess the previous owner (we got it in the fall) never cleaned it. still working o the electric.
The Galavan 1991 34' Newport by Cobra.
Traveling companions Oscar, Maya.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Sounds like 2 different problems. The first sounds like your electric heating element needs to be replaced,the second sounds like rust falling down inside your propane burner. You need to remove the burner tube and clean the area(vacuum out the rust particles).

Also a possibility of the orifice being clogged which is an easy fix.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like 2 different problems. The first sounds like your electric heating element needs to be replaced,the second sounds like rust falling down inside your propane burner. You need to remove the burner tube and clean the area(vacuum out the rust particles).