cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead Cab Leak on 2005 Winnie Minnie

Sarge2024
Explorer
Explorer

I have a leak in the overhead bunk of my Winnie Minnie and cannot find where its coming from.  Think its the window area but not sure.  I need to drain all the water from the bunk area.  Anyone have any ideas how to do this without tearing out the bunk area?  Delamination has already started.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Sarge2024 wrote:

I have a leak in the overhead bunk of my Winnie Minnie and cannot find where its coming from.  Think its the window area but not sure.  I need to drain all the water from the bunk area.  Anyone have any ideas how to do this without tearing out the bunk area?  Delamination has already started.  Thank you.

The leak could be around the window seal. or maybe at the seam above the window.

If you remove the bunk pad you may be able the reinforce the area above the delaminating floor. Removing the delaminated area does not sound feasible.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Is this Class C new to you? Did you buy it from a dealer, or a private party?

I always checked everything out before buying any of my RV's. It has always been "Buyer beware"

I've had her for 5 years and knew there was a small leak in that area due to a stain but it is much worse now.  Looks like I am going to tear it all out and rebuild it from the inside.  I saw a couple video's of folks doing that.  I am newly retired and have some time to start on it.  Wish me luck, I'm sure Ill need it.

Thank you.

Yeah, small leaks cause large damage if left untreated. It's probably not just materials you are dealing with but mold as well. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Class Cs are known to leak around the seam for the front cap. And clearance lights are also known to leak. Each year - at a minimum, you should get on your roof, inspect, clean and re-caulk all seams with Dicor or some comparable, Rv specific sealant. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Sarge2024 wrote:

The leak could be around the window seal. or maybe at the seam above the window.

If you remove the bunk pad you may be able the reinforce the area above the delaminating floor. Removing the delaminated area does not sound feasible.