cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable Inverter Gen Sale Again-Can Tire

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have posted about my new P2200 I got on sale for $549 (regular $800) recently. It is a good little gen IMO having tried it out.

I see it is coming up for sale again this Friday for $500! Heck of a deal if you are in the market.

I don't know what might also be going on in the States for sales on this gen, if maybe they are unloading a bunch of these to make way for a new model or whatever. Anyway, I thought it worth mentioning it is coming on sale again.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/briggs-stratton-2200-watt-inverter-generator-3992900p.html#srp
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.
5 REPLIES 5

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
romore wrote:
:B That is funny. I work part time for a Briggs and Stratton dealer, CTC is beating us up on price for those generators. I would love to tell the price grinders to take them back to the store for service but can't.:(

Do you know anything about the red overload light? Mine flashes when loading gets over 1700VA and flashes faster as you load more. If load reduced some (but still over 1700), flashing slows down. Reduce to below 1700 and red stops with green on. Nothing about that in the owner's manual.

If way overloaded, the 120v is cut off and the red light stays on steady, with the engine running at a lower idle. (Inverter disconnected I guess)

Then once you unplug the load and reset the 120v circuit breaker, the engine speeds up to normal again and green light on. This part is in the owner's manual.

I want to run the gen at just over 1700VA which means with the red light flashing, but it worries me that it is flashing.
Photo in Profile

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
:B That is funny. I work part time for a Briggs and Stratton dealer, CTC is beating us up on price for those generators. I would love to tell the price grinders to take them back to the store for service but can't.:(

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Canadian dollars it might be a good deal. In U.S. dollars it isnโ€™t. Current exchange about 1.33 to one?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
Those are great stores. Wish they'd move in down here.

You will get there! I have it on good authority that Heaven is actually an infinitely large Can Tire store! Saint Peter is the "Greeter". You go to Aisle 3 to get your wings, and Aisle 5 has your harp.

Now the big pay-off, is you go to Aisle 6 and get extra special chrome wheels for your harp and you can get rainbow coloured strings for your harp in Aisle 7.

You can find your Woody-Woodpecker decals for your harp for yourself! You will have plenty of time to look around1 ๐Ÿ™‚
Photo in Profile

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Those are great stores. Wish they'd move in down here.