I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
14 REPLIES 14

Bubziez97
Explorer
Explorer

I'm trying to find a user manual for my used inverter is telling me to ask permission? Could I kindly ask permission to view this document? Lol 

this topic is 7 years old and the manual may not be available anymore.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Vixen21
Explorer
Explorer
Actually Vixen 21 is a motorhome designed by the Father of the GTO and the designer of the Delorean, Bill Collins. It is in my signature and I used it as my forum name (I am very slowly restoring one) It has a Buick 3.8 V6 (SE model) and uses one of Mex's favorite alternators, the CS-144 140 amp (mine is out of a 92 Seville)
I am however, a Guy.

Bill Collins

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The ambiguity in the culture is what fascinates me. Taiwan has really only one facility to make toroid transformers and standard transformers. It's the same one that makes inductors for Meanwell, Samlex, and others. Who knows Mr Wizard, perhaps your Tripp Lite transformer is Taiwanese. The point I tried to make is due to cultural camouflage a product such as this is too often misrepresented by its manufacturer. Then amateur experts cloud the picture entirely.

Consumers cannot handle double negative misrepresentation. Fine. Why was it that I saw through the farce of reviewing an old abused and modified instrument? I stated years ago that I would do my best to make forum partcipants more resistant to getting wool pulled over their eyes with regard to LA batteries.

Becoming an aware consumer is neither a fast or easy process. As more and more products pour in from the far East this kind of double-whammy jolt is going to become more common.

To put it bluntly - there are no monsters inside that machine. If respect us given to downgrade manufacturer's hysterically pathetic hyperbole then for 299 dollars this critter IMHO will do a fine job. But the double negatives have tainted it and I am not going to recommend buying it. The point I made about doing a makeover is real. The machine us a gold mine of potential.

Chinese LED lamps are every bit as pathetically represented only on a smaller scale. To be made aware of how to recognize valid reviews is worth its weight in gold. VIXEN did exactly that. My hat is off to her. ๐Ÿ™‚

MrWizard
IIRC
you were hooting about the babe pictures, the chinglish, and the low listed load specs
before the video review of the used unit was posted

the 10kw unit from the Aussie thread, definitely had beefier components and very nice torod transformers
same name but much better quality
most of the people here are NOT trained in the ways of electronics and Can NOt spot the potential in such a unit
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Vixen 21
Excellent Find!

The Owzzies are using the 220 volt 50 Hz model Power Jacks. Monsters. Off grid. They are twiddling with high voltage intertie cutouts and fitting smaller chokes and zeners to reduce idle current.

Australians are not noted for stiff upper lip tact. If this LF inverter was a piece of snot then it most certainly would have been flamed to carbon within those 53 pages.

But. Perspective must be maintained. No way in hell am I going to openly recommend this product for general use. Like the Megawatt and like the CheapO watt this LF inverter has a niche.

My niche is I am going to end up with something that cannot be duplicated for three times the price. Name 'em...Outback...Magnum...Xantex...do they use 125c low ESR Panasonic caps, and Berquist 2000 sil pads, and (if necessary) Texas Instruments top capacity FETs? Do these inverters use multi-interior circulation fans?

This is NOT meant to toot my horn. What it is, is a plea for other techs to start their own projects. How many readers acknowledge NO inverter/converter/perverter qualifies for battery OEM recommended charge profiles?

It'd be nice to see someone tasking this. But it seems I am all alone.

The utter absolute negativity here, about the Power Jack, depresses me. No one saw potential. I've seen fewer assssssssumptions at the local donkey farm.

To assuage my mood I am going home now and play with those ultra high efficiency CREE chips. Going to plot temp, watts, and lumens charts. I came up with a simple CHEAP circuit to allow the LM 78xx fixed regulator to operate safely with up to an 80 volt input. 77 volt Delta T. Fan power supply for the 36-volt 1300ma chips.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now sure which is worse. Reading the MEXICOWANDERER response or working my way through that owners manual. Thanks Mr Wizard and MEXICOWANDERER.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Vixen21
Explorer
Explorer
35 page Power jack inverter conversation with tests and mods:Here

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
When the maroon on Youtube complained the USED and modified inverter under nspection was dirty "the bloom was off the rose". No cordless screwdriver. I waited while he fiddled. I finished 70% of "The First Review" More than enough for me.

Inverters are reactive. Guesswork and assumptions are worse than worthless.

Inverter POTENTIAL meaning PERFORMANCE is tested one way: An oscilloscope is connected to present waveform. Then the unit is progressively wattage loaded.

When an inverter approaches it's limit, voltage waveform becomes more and more distorted. I have seen sawtooth wave form. Over burdening brings straight square wave be it a $299 special or $2999 flagship inverter. I did not see even a handheld scope meter. Was one used?

Was a thermocouple scanner employed? Was p/n FET junction versus heatsink Delta T temperature (differential) established?

Was the cooling fan CFM mentioned? Ball or sleeve bearing?

The "expert" complained about "multiple chokes" instead of a single choke. Does the "expert" understand multiple chokes will dissipate a lot more heat if necessary?

Did the "expert" mention the possibility of tossing the morphidite AC plug and substituting good nylon body receptacles. A 20-amp duplex and maybe 20-amp twist lock?

Was the expert aware that having a fan on one end and chokes on the other, creates an oven. It would take a 300 CFM fan to cool the far end. The answer does not lie in fitting a Sikorsky grade cooling fan but installing circulation fans within?

"Name brand capacitors". Ever see a large electrolytic cap without a name brand on it? BTW, a 50 volt rated cap is marginal -- way way marginal. A 100 volt Panasonic ESR cap with a 125c rather than an 85c rating is night and day.

Did the previous owner attempt to jump start a Burlington Northern locomotive which would have "bulged" that so-noted capacitor.

ZERO information on the FET specs.

Trace hard anodized their heatsinks 30-years ago for a reason. The "expert" was blind to this.

Output wattage potential to ultimate battery charging amperage potential can be evaluated. Trace's 2500SB was rated as a 2,500 watt inverter. It had a 120 amp battery charger.

Compare that to the Great Wall 5000. Does something jump out at you?

To me "The Big Lesson" here is NOT the inverter. It is the seriousness in which a Youtube "Expert Analysis" is being taken.

I did read some other "expert's" reviews. They were all woefully lacking in substance while rich as whipped cream with opinion.

E CAVEAT EMPTOR reviews. Even this one...

TravisG
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't got past page one yet. Is there more pictures?
2016 Heartland Torque T29
2012 Can-Am Commander X
2015 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think the rough apartment pics help the pitch much by conveying professional facilities :R

Looks like potential, if they hook up with the right US (or..ahem..Mex) person to go through the hardware for design and quality, and rework the manual.

And yes, I ordered the Xantrex instead of this one, LOL.

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Where's the Tylenol ?
X2
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah yeah yeah...
And Mystik River was a comedy. The tag team featured is naturally aspirated too. This is China's Tech at it's most glorious pinnacle. I think of doing a makeover as a challenge.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Where's the Tylenol ?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350