cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problem when traveling up mountains with Class A

GoBoy45
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if I'm in the right Form or not, but here is the problem I've noted as of late while traveling with my Class A (330HP Cat). I lose a lot of Power going up-hills or mountains. I drive by my "RPM's", meaning I down shift to maintain engine power, but still finding I've had to go down to 1st gear at times! Any ideas, help or idea's would be very helpful.
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Start by changing the fuel filers. Clogged filters will substantially reduce fuel flow and cause major performance issues.

Could it be something else-- sure, but start with the cheap, easy stuff.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

GoBoy45
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone, I just got off with Sat. here in town and it seems to be a Turbo or Boost Pressure problem. I'll be taking the "Rig" into the shop and get checked out!
Thanks again to everyone.

hhornig
Explorer
Explorer
I had a part of my exhaust brake break and block my exhaust manifold causing no turbo function.

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
On a gas'er my issues was a plugged fuel filter. Could be an issue with the diesel too.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
It could be alot of different things. Fuel, air, what does your MH weight. It not enough motor for the MH. Are you towing. Go to a CAT dealer that has a dyno.

chipper
Explorer
Explorer
GoBoy45 wrote:
Not sure if I'm in the right Form or not, but here is the problem I've noted as of late while traveling with my Class A (330HP Cat). I lose a lot of Power going up-hills or mountains. I drive by my "RPM's", meaning I down shift to maintain engine power, but still finding I've had to go down to 1st gear at times! Any ideas, help or idea's would be very helpful.
Thank you

Sounds like you need a good diesel tech. Might be the turbo not working good or injector bump going bad or dirty injectors.
gene