cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Proper Wire Terminal For Oriental Terminal Blocks

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
You've seen them. Center screw with corrugated like flat tab washer beneath. Screw head uses that goofy straight blade phillips combo.

I'm supposed to attach a pin to the largest wire that will fit the pin (14 AWG) then push forty amps through this terminated pregnancy of a connection?

What am I missing? On Meanwell and Megawatt 400 watt power supplies I came off of EACH screw with a hand formed Y copper strand wire with wire strands soldered and had to make a Triple 14 gauge wire to single cable junction in order to get a pair of 10 gauge wires as main power connections. One and a half hours to connect a single feed terminal block output is stupid.

I used the so-called-pins under the nn washer screws. Neat. They clamp down on a 45 degree angle and under high power they are guaranteed to thermally loosen (been there done that in excess of a dozen trials) Tighten the screws reasonably well and the pin flattens.

Dumb and dumber design wouldn't be an issue it there are alternatives. There aren't. Push 40 amps through a single terminal and then touch it. Prepare to have flesh fused to frying pan terminal.

#2 spade by 16-14 AWG would work. Where does a person look for this terminal?
5 REPLIES 5

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Go to hardware store

Pick up screw

If it has a combination phillips / straight head it's from Shanghai

If it has a genuine phillips, torx, flat blade head it's not from China.

I've used them all and a screw with a torx head is about 100 times easier than the tranquil butterfly combo. Something 'wrong' with not using crummy screws? Or maybe it's my substandard WiHa special screwdrivers? For these far east specials.

Yeah I took some skin off a finger yesterday

I have to find torx replacement metric screws that are affordable

Grumble, Snort, Snap

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Oriental?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad

Did you pick the lock to my place and uncloak the BORG? I stripped a 4/0 THHN cable to get the 12 gauge solid strands. They soldered right to the Megawatt terminal strip. All three feeders are paralleled each polarity. It's a lot of work doing that to the two units.

ANYTHING YOURS WILL DO
MY BORG WILL DO BETTER
Online 24/7 for SEVEN YEARS

Try having a battery fully charged in float mode then loading it with 35 amps

What happens?

Mine stays in float varying not a tenth of a volt while the charger is supplying 35 amps.

Consumers have been trained whip and chair to be satisfied with inadequate garbage. "It sez smart and that's as good as it getz"

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
An oxy / acetylene torch with a pin point tip and some 1/16โ€ brazing rod will solve that problem.......

Until you have to take it apart again.

MrWizard
any of these work for you

waytek wire products
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s