Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Push-to-Trip Manual Reset

AStinker-
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering why couldn't a guy use one of these

Clicky

in place of a battery cable fuse and also use it as your battery disconnect and kill two birds with one stone?

If it is a bad idea please explain why?
7 REPLIES 7

AStinker-
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, appreciate your input.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have one for battery cable to 2000W inverter......works great

Car gurus with high end stereo/amp systems use them all the time
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Hi-watt breaker to interrupt the wiring from solar module to charge contoller. The circuit breaker is made by Cooper=Bussmann.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Larryect
Explorer
Explorer
I figured the same thing. My 5th wheel didn't have any battery dissconnect switch installed. So, I Installed a 50A unit for the trailer system and a 150A to my 1000w inverter. Seems to work well. Haven't tested actual overload conditions. Size appropriatly for your wire size.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024JOKM4/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If to replace the mini circuit breakers in the tongue area, that might be a good idea. I don't like that the stock breakers in the tongue area are self-resetting. If you accidentally connect the battery(s) in reverse, it will keep resetting and eventually kill the battery(s) which is what in some friend's TT last year.

Is this where you meant?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
should work, but some things to keep in mind:

it's not going to trip as fast as a fuse, or as accurately - so wiring could be damaged depending on the nature of an overload

although you can trip/reset the breaker, it is not designed to be used as a switch, and will wear out faster
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great Idea to Me. There may be a problem using it as a Switch .
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD