cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for anyone who's broken a spring hanger

AlcoholFreeRV
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen numerous posts around this and other forums about the poor strength of Lippert Spring Hangers, usually it's the rear that goes out first. Unfortunately we had this happen this summer, and thankfully we are all safe and found good help to install brand new ones. However, I have concerns that the like-for-like replacement will just break again in a couple years. So Im interested in reinforcing all 6 spring hangers in our Open Range, potentially with Lippert's V-Braces.
The question is this: Has anyone experienced, seen anywhere on the web or via conversation in any campground, where there was a failure of the spring hanger AFTER getting the V-Braces installed?
2 REPLIES 2

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
I installed three of these...no more problems since

https://www.morryde.com/products/x-factor-crossmember/
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is not answering your question, but my Open Range 5th wheel came with boot hangers and I've noticed that most of their models have the (traditional?) square type hangers, and many of those do fail, especially if equipped with Correct Track.
My boot hangers do have the V-clip and so far, after over 40,000 miles, have been OK-
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights