cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Cheap - 12v 100amp-hr Lithium Batteries

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

Looking at adding a second battery and google must have overheard as I'm getting ads for batteries. 

I know I can't mix lead-acid and Lithium and my charger has a lithium setting...so not the topic of discussion.

The batteries are seriously cheap...under $150 for a 100am-hr battery. Several brands, good reviews, includes BMS. I know they are coming down in price generally but it's really close to what a 100amp-hr lead battery costs. I could toss the current lead battery and a single lithium would provide the storage of 2 lead batteries.

Anyone tried any of these? Is there an obvious "gotcha"? (I don't want to hear about cheap chinese junk. I'm looking for factual data as the reviews suggest they are good.)

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV
5 REPLIES 5

time2rollagain
Explorer II
Explorer II

Best not to charge near or below freezing, although storage is fine.

If in use in the cold, look for a heater option if the battery is exposed.

That's just general lithium battery info. I'm looking for feedback on people who have tried these batteries and am I missing something since the reviews are generally positive...or has lithium simply come down so much that lead no longer makes any financial sense?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

you would have to tell us which ones they are.  I know chins are on sale for for like 195 in the US and they are built fairly deicent.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Enter 12v 100amp-hr lithium battery into amazon and there's probably a dozen brands ranging from $110-160. For the most part the reviews are mid to upper 4 star ratings.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=12v+100ah+lifepo4+battery&s=price-asc-rank&crid=1F2Q2PPF3TW1&qid=17221258...

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

ya the link only pulls up 4 or 5 as I am from canada and it will only show me thoes which will ship to canada.  

if you look through some of the videos on https://www.youtube.com/@WillProwse/videos you will see some of the lower cost ones tested.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100