cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendation of roof replacement?

unioncreek
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 92 Layton fifth wheel, I believe to roof is still the original one. I'm starting to get crack and pieces coming off on the side edges. I'm planning on replacing it this fall and am looking on advice of where and what kind to get. I will be installing it myself, I've watched a number of YouTube video, so I have an idea of what is involved.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
colliehauler wrote:
Just curious why replacing a roof is a tech issue instead of DIY?

Read the forum discriptor stuck at the top of the DIY forum and you will see. He is not modifiying or upgrading his unit. His post is about a maintainence issue and properly belongs in the Tech Issues forum where he will probably get better responses.

This is one of those posts that could possibly fit either forum and we mods try to put them where they will most likely get the best answers.
This forum also gets a lot more traffic than the DIY forum does.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious why replacing a roof is a tech issue instead of DIY?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went with the rubber. I had 3 4x8 sections of decking that had holes from a tree branch that I had to replace. When I took the roof off I found water damage in 2 more sections and replaced before putting on the new roof. I also replaced all the roof vents with fantastic fans. Everything plastic on the roof was replaced due to being brittle due to UV.

I bought this TT as a project a 30' 2009 Keystone Hideout for guests to use. I'm remodeling the interior this summer.

unioncreek
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler,

Did you use the PVC or rubber? I do have a small section above the door I suspect I'll have to replace. Replaced the studs and paneling inside due to water damage.

Bob

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just replaced a TT roof last summer. I ordered a kit from Rec-Pro on ebay. They have two different versions PVC or rubber. You will need to make sure the decking is good or replace any water damaged decking.