cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Red blinking lights on microwave

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Thor Majestic 28a. It has a Whirlpool microwave in it (...I couldn't find the model #). When it is running, it has these red blinking lights.

Seems to heat up just fine and doesn't make any unusual noises. Does anyone know what they mean?

Thanks!
Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs
8 REPLIES 8

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
If you open the door to the microwave can you locate a model number tag around the door seal or the inside of the door itself?
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Oops...sorry; missed that.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
Wait...if you have the owner's manual, and the owner's manual says that the blinking red icons are normal, then I'm a bit confused why you posted the question in the first place?????

*I* do not have the owner's manual. You can see in the thread above that someone else posted a link to an owner's manual. I looked there and saw what it says. Hope that helps.

-Chris
San Jose, CA

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Wait...if you have the owner's manual, and the owner's manual says that the blinking red icons are normal, then I'm a bit confused why you posted the question in the first place?????
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes I can think of several red blinking lights that indicate normal operation. A fairly long list in fact. One (well two) are in the next room as I type and two more (same lights different device) in my car .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
rlw999 wrote:
SJ-Chris wrote:
I have a 2015 Thor Majestic 28a. It has a Whirlpool microwave in it (...I couldn't find the model #). When it is running, it has these red blinking lights.

Seems to heat up just fine and doesn't make any unusual noises. Does anyone know what they mean?

I'm not sure exactly what model you have, but I found an owners manual for a similar looking microwave, and it includes this diagram:

I can't make out the red indicator on the left on your photo, but by position, that appears to be the "Microwaves" icon, which I think just means that oven is operating. The one on the right looks like the "high power" icon.

THANK YOU!! What a pleasant surprise....According to the owner's manual, these blinking red icons are NORMAL. (...Can anyone think of any other blinking red lights in life that are a good sign?? LOL...)

Yes, the icon in my photo on the left appears to match the owner's manual for "Microwaves" and it is supposed to blink when in operation.

Thanks!
Chris
San Jose, CA

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
SJ-Chris wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what model you have, but I found an owners manual for a similar looking microwave, and it includes this diagram:

I can't make out the red indicator on the left on your photo, but by position, that appears to be the "Microwaves" icon, which I think just means that oven is operating. The one on the right looks like the "high power" icon.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
The lights appear to have some (small) text in them, like dashboard idiot lights in some cars. What does that text say?