cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refer still too cold, new thermistor and lower board

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
After replacing these items the temps remain the same -5 in the freezer and 28-30 in the refrigerator. The temp is on the lowest setting, what's next? Called a local repair guy and he really didn't want to look into it, as the time troubleshoot and then wait for the cooling to take place is too long.

All that's left is the upper board, the heating unit, and cooling unit.
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD
13 REPLIES 13

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
First the thermister was replaced, and the new one checked out ok. Then the lower board, and lastly the upper board. It's possible that more than one item was malfunctioning.

ejmorgan
Explorer
Explorer
So . . . What did you do to solve the problem? Thanks!

Ed
Ed and Susan Morgan
TT -- 2019 Northwood Nash 24M travel trailer
TV -- 2004 Ford E-350 Extended Van, 6.8L V10, 4-spd. Automatic OD, 3.73 rear axle.
Generator -- Onan 3600 LP

Photo -- Doran Beach in Bodega Bay, Ca.

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
The refer works perfect now, and the temp is easily adjustable.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
slomark wrote:
Temps are measured with a infra red thermometer, directed at cups of water in three locations. Food in the refer is freezing, regardless of the exterior temp.

Have just ordered the upper control panel, and will see how that goes.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

As I stated, only the Thermister and the rear main control will affect cold control. IF the control board does NOT read the Thermister, it will run full throttle and freeze things. Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
THIS is an unusual problem.......:B

According to other posts Dometic 2652 overcooling regardless of old thermister position
OP has:
Replaced thermister with an OEM Doemtic thermister....still over cooled in food section

OP has:
Replaced lower control module.............still over cooled in food section

So OP has a NEW thermister (not snip the tip) and a NEW lower board and still is freezing food items in food section :H

Now OP has a new upper panel on order.......which is not the fix. Lower board and thermister control operation/cooling.

Which lower board did you purchase?
And you have checked that NEW thermister is making good connection on board?
And your NEW thermister could be bad!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it is working perfect to me. When I pre-chill my Norcold on the med setting my freezer is at 0 and fridge is 30-33. Real world is perfect right around 38 and 0.

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
Temps are measured with a infra red thermometer, directed at cups of water in three locations. Food in the refer is freezing, regardless of the exterior temp.

Have just ordered the upper control panel, and will see how that goes.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
How are you measuring the temperature, and what is the make and model of the fridge?
-- Chris Bryant

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
slomark wrote:
You're right, it is set on the highest temperature setting, by having the thermister located on the lowest part of the fin.

How are you measuring the temp? The ONLY correct way to measure the temp is to have a glass of water in the refer for 24 hours with a Digital thermometer. NOT a Infrared Thermometer. What that water temp is the correct temp. From your description, you have an Auto temp refer. The ONLY things that control the interior temp is the Thermister and the rear module board. The freezer temp is NOT controlled. Doug

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Try http://www.snip-the-tip.com/cgi-bin/articca.cgi with thi you can change the temp

MrWizard
-5 in the freezer is good
28~30 is a little cold for the fridge, but nothing will spoil
Put the milk, juice and beer in the bottom,
You are on the coast the weather has been cool until yesterday
Have you tried camping in a warm/hot area since you made the mods
Yo might find it being perfect, when you get out in the hot boonies, instead of at home on electric
BTW..have you tried this on propane..
If you are on electric..With consistently better than avg power aka voltage..The heating element will run hotter, making for more cooling
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
You're right, it is set on the highest temperature setting, by having the thermister located on the lowest part of the fin.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
slomark wrote:
After replacing these items the temps remain the same -5 in the freezer and 28-30 in the refrigerator. The temp is on the lowest setting, what's next? Called a local repair guy and he really didn't want to look into it, as the time troubleshoot and then wait for the cooling to take place is too long.

All that's left is the upper board, the heating unit, and cooling unit.

Why don't you put the temp on the highest settings? Move the sensor to the lowest point in the refrigerator.