cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

residential reefer question

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
My DP with my new residential reefer is stored without access to power. Just wondering what effect, if any, does the fact the reefer is powered up and off several times a year.
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
NOT running and ON and Off will not cause any problems. Just do what the 2nd poster stated. BTW, MOST people do not realize that the residential's do NOT turn off and stay OFF when power is disconnected and reconnected. ANY time the 120 power is applied to the refer/RV, it will come on. To completely turn the refer OFF so it does NOT come on the next time you apply 120 power, you must read the Refer owners manual and it will tell you how to hold certain buttons down for up to 10 seconds to completely keep the refer OFF. Some people might not like the refer to always come ON when 120 power is applied. Doug

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
uncle t wrote:
Just wondering what effect, if any, does the fact the reefer is powered up and off several times a year.
Probably zero. BTW, it's 'refer'.. reefer is the other stuff! lol
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
Put a box of baking soda in the freezer and fresh food compartment. Make sure the doors are cracked open when you store the motor home. Always totally clean and wipe out the fridge out when you're going to store the MH.