cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sam's Duracell 6v Battery Dimensions

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW since Sam's website doesn't list the dimensions for the following 2 batteries I called the manufacturer & got the info from them:

GC2

10 1/4 L
7 1/8 W
10 7/8 H

EGC2

10 1/4 L
7 1/8 W
10 7/8 H
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10
19 REPLIES 19

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a freaking battery. Get a case big enough for a GC2 and life will be good.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Tenths of thousandths of an inch are absurd. As far as height is concerned when switching from 6-cell to 3-cell it is up to the person doing the modification to ensure a gang type 3-cell cap (push in, pull out) will work in place of threaded caps. Many rigs can not use 3-cell batteries, period, without expensive, extensive modifications. But if the manufacturer claims a BCI dimension battery another brand same BCI will fit. To loosen wiggle room sometimes I had to trim casting flashing with a pair of dykes, but the flashing is a manufacturing error, not a hardcore difference.
Some RV batteries have rope type lift assistance, others have plastic lifting finger shelves. Like lifeline. if you can name two incompatible same BCI group size batteries I'll check it out. And forget about flooded versus AGM they are slightly different. So are Rolls & Surrette. They fit fine with most wet BCI batteries and not AGM with wet. That's a no-no. The Lifeline has a lower profile due to the very different terminal design. ๐Ÿ™‚

I thought we were discussing BCI car batteries, not barbecue lighters, or Duracell flashlights. Like CRAFTSMAN. Their screwdrivers are OK but their 150 dollar battery chargers suck, period. I've had good luck with their car batteries but their powered electrical tools are on par with Harbor Freight.

Copy and paste time

East Penn Releases New Duracell Automotive Batteries

East Penn Manufacturing has signed an exclusive agreement with Duracell (part of the Procter & Gamble Company NYSE:PG) to release batteries branded under the Duracell name. East Pennโ€™s over 60-year tradition of producing the worldโ€™s highest quality lead-acid batteries is a logical fit for the Duracell name that has earned 40 years of consumer trust.

Two types of Duracell automotive batteries are initially being released, the extreme power AGM and the advanced generation EHP.

Extreme power Duracell batteries offer premium AGM technology with two times (2x) the durability and dependability of a standard product. This high-performance line of batteries is ideal for multiple accessory power demands found in new vehicles or the extra drain of the many electronic devices that get plugged into the vehicleโ€™s cigarette lighter.

Advanced generation Duracell batteries are especially designed to provide superior life and maintenance-free performance. These batteries feature EHP Technology or Extra Heat Protection reinforcing itโ€™s design to withstand todayโ€™s increasing under-the-hood temperatures or severe service conditions. This extra reinforcement also helps enhance its performance in colder weather conditions extending life in any environment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proctologist and Grumble have since sold the Duracell name to a holding company.

Hold onto your shorts, holding companies are infamous for outsourcing manufacturing to the least expensive vendor. Why? So their books can have a maximum net gain and the holding company can sell the mess for a maximum profit before they are hit in the ass by negative consumer reviews.

Frank Lorenzo bought and sold in pieces Eastern airlines at a tidy profit. The master battery distributor I supported was advised (by me) to avoid like the Pneumonic plague flaky battery manufacturers who had a fly by night operation. RAMCAR BATTERY was a tight knit genuine manuracturer that cut the mustard warranty-wise. So was the Mexican built LTH and of course Trojan. Exide and US batteries were total losers because of absurdly high percentage of warranties.

The issue with LTH batteries is they only manufacture the lowest CCA and RC batteries. Gonorreah I mean Gohner Mexican batteries are absolute garbage. The vendor sold in excess of 10k batteries a year. Warranties can kill a company faster than a fire or a flood. ๐Ÿ™‚

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
given that the VAST majority of 6V GC2 batteries go into golf carts, I'd suspect that anyone trying to sell 6V GC2's is going double and triple check that the battery dimensions insure fitting into whatever is expected for use in a Golf cart. Otherwise probably 99% of their market is gone! And likewise for any suppliers of the GC2 raw cases to anyone putting together GC2 batteries.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
It's a stupid battery, not a pipe fitting or pair of eyeglasses.

Your "differences" amount to tenths of thousands of inches.

No one cuts mounting clearances with even close to that degree of resolution.

Our coach has four Trojan T105s measuring for then available maintenance free lifeline batteries they were a bit too tall and maybe other dimensions were too big. It's been a while.
huge chassis batteries on swing out on top limit the room.
Sometimes available space is limited by an inch or so.

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Duracell is a buzzword trade name. Duracell is an office with a couple dozen Herb Tarlicks running around inside.

I don't know if that is true or not. I'm in the medical field (nothing fancy; just work at a hospital) and the standard in most hospitals for patient equipment is DuraCell. About a year ago somebody decided to go cheap and started purchasing EverReady brand batteries. They couldn't cut the mustard. We're back to DuraCells.

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
It's a stupid battery, not a pipe fitting or pair of eyeglasses.

Your "differences" amount to tenths of thousands of inches.

No one cuts mounting clearances with even close to that degree of resolution.

It sounds like you believe that the equipment you've had/have coupled with your RV experience/knowledge has you believing you are 'the' be-all/end-all authority on all things RV. Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not. It's a big RV world out there & there's an infinite # of ways to skin a cat. Your non-problem can/is very often someone elses' real-world problem.

Many trailers & some motorhomes come spec'd with 12v car-sized batteries & thus car-sized battery boxes or compartments. So when a person is changing from a car style battery to 6v types it can & does often make a difference 1 battery vs another. I showed above that dimensions are different from 1 to another manufacturer.... it's your right to poo-poo that in your own mind if that's your prerogative, but it doesn't change the fact it is what it is (as seen in writing by the manufacturers).

I've personally owned 2 tag-trailers where the box 'head space' I was allotted was down to a 'hair' or 2 in free space, so going with 1 vs another kind of battery did matter.

These forums are supposed to be about passing info to help each other. Just because what I posted doesn't help you doesn't mean it wont help others. Try to keep an open mind & be a happy camper.
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Like a very well known individual sells his name to anyone with money enough to rent it -- down here.

BTW the king of ownership of a coveted brand name is COSTCO with Kirkland Signature. It is said that brand name is worth billions of dollars. But it is assumed, speculators like Buffet (not Jimmy) haven't got a chance in hell of buying it.

I lost all respect when Charles Shultz' family prostituted Peanuts' characters. The entire franchise is a spitoon.

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Duracell is a buzzword trade name. Duracell is an office with a couple dozen Herb Tarlicks running around inside.

On October 24, 2014, Procter & Gamble announced it would spin off Duracell in 2015 as part of a wider restructuring scheme. On November 14, 2014, Berkshire Hathaway declared its intent to acquire Duracell in an all-stock deal, consisting of $4.7 billion worth of P&G stock then owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

Warren Buffet / Berkshire has Extended the agreement for the use of the Duracell Name to East Penn for a fee ($$$$) to be used on Automotive / Marine / Golf Cart batteries. I don't recall how long that agreement is to run.

I just picked up 2 EGC2 from Sams ($ 20.00 off 1 day sale) dropped the cost to $ 113.00 each after all the taxes / state fees. they replaced the 2 Duracell EGC2's that lasted 7 years plus.
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I guess SAMS Club got tired of dealing with pallets of US Battery warranties.

Deka makes a Decent battery. Thanks for the heads up!

To me Costco's abandoning of Kirkland Signature mayonnaise is more of an impact ๐Ÿ˜ž

Down here it's LTH LTH LTH. in Sams and Costco both

red31
Explorer
Explorer
well Duracell by deka are available in Sams CA stores currently.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

red31
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Sams Club on the WEST COAST uses west coast vendors. And DEKA isn't one of them.

the JCI/energizers have disappeared from TX samsclub, replaced with Duracell, same for zip code 90001 Southgate, CA sams

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
There are

There are +/- tolerances for everything.

But if I ran into a manufacturer who spec'ed an automotive battery holder to the thousandth of an inch, I'd grab a rhino dart gun.

BCI may be chemically numb but their dimensional criteria are strict.

Sams Club on the WEST COAST uses west coast vendors. And DEKA isn't one of them.

=/-

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
This is Sam's Club/Walmart we're talking about here. They're like the railroad, or USPS, or the phone company. They can do whatever they want. :B

Sam's Club sells Duracell brand GC batteries. Duracell brand batteries are made by East Penn who sells under multiple names, including Deka.

I would be very surprised if their batteries did NOT meet BCI specs for size GC2 as installation in various applications would be difficult. Remember there is some plus/minus allowed in the specs.