cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shoreline reel

Itoham
Explorer
Explorer
Have a shoreline Model 5036 power reel for electric supply. The power reel has become inoperable and the only method is to rewind power cord by hand. When I depress toggle to rewind I can hear the 12v system engaging but the reel does not turn. Had the same experience a couple time this past summer, but eventually it would activate. At a point now where I am not certain what the problem is but will call the manufacturer in the morning for input. Just was hoping someone here had the same experience and knows the solution. Thanks in advance, always get great advice on the forum.
Jim & Connie
05 HR Imperial 43 ft
06 Trailblazer
Navigator-Minnie "Now at the Rainbow Bridge" King Charles "Soda, born 08/06 New furry four legged GoldenDoodle "Marnie" born 01/06/13.
4 REPLIES 4

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Are you saying the motor runs but nothing happens? If so, as hypoxia says it may be a broken gear. I had the same problem and also stumbled upon BackhoeJoe on the FMCA forum who's son made replacement parts. The manufacturer no longer supplies spare parts for them.

Here is my report of how to go about replacing the gear (assuming that is your issue). Included is a link to the post where you can contact BackhoeJoe.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26336645.cfm
Roaming Full Timer

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same reel. Here is a guy that makes a metal gear to replace the plastic one that commonly breaks. It is around $50.
BackhoeJ Shoreline Gear
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
check out the switch, it might be dirty and not making proper contact, as you noted it would activate every once in a while only tells me the switch is the problem.

Moved from Forum Technical Support