cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShorePower Automatic Generator Start - Does it work?

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience with the ShorePower Automatic Generator Start System? According to the manufacturer, this add-on device will monitor shore power, and automatically start your generator if the power goes out for any reason. As pet owners it would be nice to know that our dogs won't lose AC if there's a power failure when we're away from the campground. But I can't find any reviews, and I'm reluctant to spend the money unless I'm fairly sure that the system would work! We have a class A with a built-in Onan generator.

https://rvautomations.com/automatic-generator-start-system/?fbclid=IwAR1F8uQEGtm1hsZAmMh-F2TR5fOG9in9cqDnB8UF6-UL4Y6qmlHi35E-9dk
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us
1 REPLY 1

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't answer the main question, but assuming you find one, IMO it should have an on/off feature so you can choose to have it on during the daytime when you are away and the pets left in the rig (we do that sometimes). BUT you can turn it off so if there is a power failure at 3 am, the gen does not come on!

(You would transfer to inverter for 120v except air conditioning in case of a res fridge)--assuming you have enough house battery to last until they get power back later that day.)
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.