cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shower door fix?

NorthwestBound
Explorer
Explorer
Ive looked all over the web and cant find a fix for my shower door latch problem. Its the accordion folding sliding door. The small pieces of plastic that compress on the post broke off now the shower door doesnt stay attached when closed. So new door????
7 REPLIES 7

NorthwestBound
Explorer
Explorer
I think the silicone is a good idea. Then i can remove the screws so there is full contact between the magnet and the strike plate. With both screws in there, it seems like the magnet is not very strong, but i know that isnt true since i needed pliers to get the striker off the magnet before i started.

grizzzman
Explorer
Explorer
Suggestion? Use silicone as a glue, then the screw just holds in place wile it drys. Likely out last the door.
2019 Ford F150 EcoBoost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S. TM2030 SC2030
640 Watts Solar. Costco CG2 208 AH and Lifepo4 3P4S 150 AH Hybrid. ElectroDacus. Renolagy DC to DC charger. 2000 Watt Inverter.
Boondocking is my Deal

NorthwestBound
Explorer
Explorer
I like that shower door. Ill probably go for that when mine is worn out. For now, i went with the magnet. Will see how long this will last, the plastic its screwed into is pretty thin.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
You mentioned a new door,How about getting rid of the accordion folding sliding door all together and installing one of THESE a lot of newer high end RVs have them. They will make what ever size you want.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
or velcro strips? Rather than putting both sides vertical where the velcro might be stronger than the glue try putting one side vertical and the mating side horizontal. It may take more sets to hold but they should not pull out.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

NorthwestBound
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, that may be a brilliant idea!

j_p_f_
Explorer
Explorer
how about a metal plate on the door and a magnet on the frame?