cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sink faucet removal

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any idea how to remove this rusted out 3/4 band at the top where the plumbing goes in. Cant figure out how this band comes off or how to remove the faucet.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800
11 REPLIES 11

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Up date. Job completed by mobile tech at home. New moen faucet installed. 150.00 for faucet, 17.00 for new valve adaptors receipt provided. $65.00 to remove and install.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
nomad.297 wrote:
As a plumber, I run into this several times a week. If it is rusted like yours is, I don't even attempt to get the nut off from beneath. I use a Sawzall or hacksaw to cut the faucet off from above. Put your blade right where the valve body and base meet, at the gap, and saw right through it. The bottom of the faucet will drop right out of the bottom. It is always easier if you can pull the hose out first, but if you can't, it just takes a little longer because the blade jams on the hose flopping around inside the body. Trust me, this is easy.

Bruce

This is what I did, cut it, threw it away and bought a replacement at Wal-Mart and have not looked back.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

nomad_297
Explorer
Explorer
As a plumber, I run into this several times a week. If it is rusted like yours is, I don't even attempt to get the nut off from beneath. I use a Sawzall or hacksaw to cut the faucet off from above. Put your blade right where the valve body and base meet, at the gap, and saw right through it. The bottom of the faucet will drop right out of the bottom. It is always easier if you can pull the hose out first, but if you can't, it just takes a little longer because the blade jams on the hose flopping around inside the body. Trust me, this is easy.

Bruce

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't get mine until I got one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Moen-118305-Installation-Tool/dp/B002PB1JJS

Maybe removing sink would be better, especially in tight quarters.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Don't be surprised when you exert enough force to break something.

Removing the sink is worthy of serious consideration.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
As rusty as that connector guizzy is, you may have to remove the sink to get enough room to work on that faucet easily.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Under that rust the flex hose unscrews and then a nut unscrews from faucet threaded tube (which feeds flex hose)

Look at the shadow in the first picture and you see a profile that matches this picture from Old-Biscuit.

Good find.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I think there is a threaded rod sticking down from the faucet thru the moon shaped piece which needs to be unscrewed. It may take a deep socket and impact wrench.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Under that rust the flex hose unscrews and then a nut unscrews from faucet threaded tube (which feeds flex hose)

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Chief
I think that is held on by a clip. Been a ling time since I ran into one of these. You may try to knock it sideways with a hammer or try turning it with a pipe wrench if you can get to it. There may also be a set screw somewhere on the collar. Doubt if you would ever get it out if there is one. You may also try cutting it off with a dremel tool.
Sorry I can't help more
Busyguy
Ret AF Msgt

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Faucets usually are tightened on with a screw thread. I would imagine this one is too, and the slot in the band allows the pull out to operate out of the slot.

I would suggest you have a look at the manufactures website to see if you can gain any insight with other faucets installation instructions.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel