cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sirius XM?

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get service. Gave them vin # but they need radio#? And not model or make...have no idea. Old Jensen radio that says it's capable.
11 REPLIES 11

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Jerseydevil wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Geeze. PLEASE,,PLEASE liaten to me. XM Ready menas it will interface with an additional device. IT DOES NOT mean it has XM receiver installed. You need to add a receiver to receive XM signal.

Will try getting receiver. Odd that nothing in radio manual says anything about purchasing another part to receive.

You have a 12 year old radio. The interface XM module is probably NOT available for your model Jensen Radio. AND, if it is, will be over $100 to $250 dollars(been here and done this and attempted to get such modules for my customers). Now, you could buy a external on the front of the dash XM radio module, but will not be integrated into your Jensen Dash Radio, using the Jensen knobs and controls. The best solution is to go to a Best Buy type store and replace the existing radio with a XM radio complete. Will be much cheaper and you will have a better radio. Until Sat radio became common a LOT of aftermarket RV radios were "SAT READY" only, and you had to purchase the add on XM module to get the radio to accept Sat signals. Doug

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
As Donn says, you need to get the additional receiver. The radio ID is part of it, NOT your installed radio. You can tell if you already have it by switching your radio to satellite mode. If it has the receiver already hooked up, all you will get is channel 1 and the radio screen will display the ID number. If you do not have the receiver, What happens is determined by your radio manufacturer. It may not even go into sat mode. The receivers come with a small stick on antenna with a long wire that can be a challenge to snake from the roof to the receiver (which generally hides in the ball of wires that lives behind your radio). Most RVs I've seen that came with a satellite ready radio also had the receiver as the manufacturers knew how tough it would be to get the antenna wiring in. You might want to check on your roof for a small (about 1 1/2" square) black lump that is the antenna. The extra $60 or so for the receiver let them advertise "satellite radio" equipped. To me, RVs are the best place for sat radios as they usually spend a lot of time covering long distances and get parked in remote locations, both activities especially suited for sat. Just nice being able to drive coast to coast listening to the channel you like.

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Geeze. PLEASE,,PLEASE liaten to me. XM Ready menas it will interface with an additional device. IT DOES NOT mean it has XM receiver installed. You need to add a receiver to receive XM signal.

Will try getting receiver. Odd that nothing in radio manual says anything about purchasing another part to receive.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jerseydevil wrote:
Thanks all but no luck yet. Radio is stock in 2006 Ford. Original Jensen owner manual says it's 'Sirius ready so no idea why any additional receivers are needed. Just can not figure out Radio ID #.
"Sirius Ready" means it's capable of having an optional Sirius receiver connected to it.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Geeze. PLEASE,,PLEASE listen to me. XM Ready means it will interface with an additional device. IT DOES NOT mean it has XM receiver installed. You need to add a receiver to receive XM signal.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
it should receive the preview channel evan if it is not activated try going to channel 0 it should display the radio id#

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jerseydevil wrote:
Just can not figure out Radio ID #.
Your radio may not display id on Ch 1. Does it have a menu button? That should give you a choice for Radio ID.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all but no luck yet. Radio is stock in 2006 Ford. Original Jensen owner manual says it's 'Sirius ready so no idea why any additional receivers are needed. Just can not figure out Radio ID #.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually ESN is displayed on Sirius XM channel 1.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does your radio have a Sirius/XM tuner, or is it "sirius ready" or something like that? "Ready" means that you can attach an external tuner that will be controlled by the head unit. If you have the tuner, try looking here: https://www.siriusxm.com/activationhelp . There also a reasonable chance the ESN will be on a sticker on the tuner module, or on the head unit case if the tuner is built in to the head unit.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
XM ready? That simply means it has an input for an OPTIONAL XM receiver. Go to BestBuy or online to the XMSirius store and pick one. We habe an old Pioneer Inno and love it. Have mounts for car, home, truck and trailer, so only one subscription needed. Plus its battery powered so with headphones I can use it on a walk or biking. On top of that it has memory to store around 1000 songs.