cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Hydraulic Out is Great, In is Tempermental

thirteen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Montana Mountaineer 342PHT with three slides. It has an electric motor with a solenoid and hydraulic pump and hydraulic hoses going to hydraulic rams for the slide outs. When I put them out I push the button and it works great. When I put them in it stops and I have to wait 5-10 seconds to go again and this goes on for about 10 times until they are in. I replaced the solenoid but that is not it. Hydraulic reservoir is half full. Is that not enough?
Any ideas of what to check next? It always works, but always like this for the past year and I have put them in and out at least two dozen times.
7 REPLIES 7

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
thirteen wrote:
............ I thought they went bad completely, not partially. ............

There is really nothing in them to fail except the contacts get burned and cause the overheating. Simple piece of bimetal that bends away from the contact when it gets hot and toward the contact when it cools.
Here is a bad one.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
All good ^^^^^^^^

As for that reservoir level......half full?

With slides completely retracted (IN) check reservoir level........should be almost full. Add fluid only when slides are retracted (fluid added when slides are extended with overflow out of reservoir when you retract slides)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
It is the auto reset circuit breaker something like this. It will be near the battery and pump area.
Common problem. When they go bad they over heat, open up, cool down, close, over heat, open up, .......
Look on the side to see the amp rating. You can buy them at RV parts stores and many auto parts stores. Cheap and easy to replace.

Join the Montana Owners Club forum for all things Montana.

X-2 replace with one larger than what you have.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

thirteen
Explorer
Explorer
I have two brand new batteries last September and voltage is full. I do have the circuit breakers just like that. I thought they went bad completely, not partially. They are cheap so I will replace each one of them and see if that makes the difference. Thanks for pointing that out.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
It is the auto reset circuit breaker something like this. It will be near the battery and pump area.
Common problem. When they go bad they over heat, open up, cool down, close, over heat, open up, .......
Look on the side to see the amp rating. You can buy them at RV parts stores and many auto parts stores. Cheap and easy to replace.

Join the Montana Owners Club forum for all things Montana.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Battery! Check battery voltage before and after, check cable connections.
Oops this is also in the wrong place.
Moderaror notified