cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smart Light 1000 Motion sensor light

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to install two of these. One in the front to replace the scare light and one at the rear door to replace the amber/red? light which of course is a lot smaller light. Is there a reason the rear light in a different color?
Smart light 1000
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon
9 REPLIES 9

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Wait for it.......
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

NoLookingBack
Explorer
Explorer
News to me. I never know I was only suppose to use the scare light sparingly. Been know to leave mine on all night.
Jim

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
What's REALLY nice about those lights is that when in motion detection mode it will flash a green light every couple of seconds IF the house batteries are up to voltage. If your house batteries are low the light will flash red.
Great for boondocking.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Place lights subject to insects well away from the area you intend to light. Narrow beam spot. From the school of hard knocks.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
The "scare" light is supposed to be used sparingly when extra light is necessary. Usually with a toy hauler, you'll want to be working on bike repairs from the days ride and in preparation for the next day's adventure. You need all the light you can get. The smaller light is a porch light used mainly to prevent falls when entering/exiting the coach. Yellow lights attract less bugs than white ones.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
It's as bright as the lamp you install. I have a 450 lumen LED and it's probably too bright
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Installed one of these last year, and really like it. However I have not altered the factory settings, and with awning rolled, it is very sensetive to any motion. it is not overly bright, but easy as bright as the former porch light. Does not seem to attract bugs either. At some campgrounds, we do turn it off, as it can be very disturbing to others in the area. In short, it works well, we like outs.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Don't think I would want a scare light coming on whenever a critter came by @ night. Where I camp when it is dark I exit with a light and sidearm. Too any critters around, big ones too.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bugs...that's the only reason....