Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SOLVED: ATS-5070 Transfer Switch - Shore Power Only

KendallP
Explorer
Explorer
SOLVED in post #14

Hello,

This is in my grandfather-in-law's 2004 Winnebago motorhome. I'm guessing it's original. Generator is an Onan 7500 diesel and appears to be running great. No one can remember when the switch worked last. Only shore power is getting through to the coach. No genny power.

I'm getting 120 at the switch's terminals from the generator, but none at the output. The delay is supposed to be 20 seconds. I gave it 10 minutes.

Things are pretty tight in the power locker. Is it worth cracking open the old switch to inspect the relays? Or maybe a loose wire? Or is it just time to landfill it and replace?

If I replace, I can get an ATS-501 still... which may be the direct replacement for the 5070. 200 bucks. I'm told a 503 might be more robust, but bigger for about the same price. I have basically zero play to work with in both the generator cable set and the output set. So a direct replacement would be ideal.

Or is there another unit you recommend that would be an easy swap?
Cheers,
Kendall
18 REPLIES 18

KendallP
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
before anything else make sure that the breakers ON the genny have not tripped. it's worth a try.

Thanks. Yeah, I reset the breaker on the genny numerous times before cracking the transfer switch case and I have 120 from it at the transfer switch terminals.
Cheers,
Kendall

KendallP
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
https://powermaxconverters.com/product/pmts/

Should work and not $200!

Thanks, B.

But that one looks much lest robust than this one. And this one has 10 cables going in and out. Mostly big ones. 4 awg, maybe?

Cheers,
Kendall

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
before anything else make sure that the breakers ON the genny have not tripped. it's worth a try.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://powermaxconverters.com/product/pmts/

Should work and not $200!
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.