Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Flubbery This Is A Laugh And A Half

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLephzQ0QS8

They cross from Canada into Alaska, then the zoo begins. Yes it is about tech items.
27 REPLIES 27

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"You do not have the permit for the minkey" humor may or may not have been intentional. That segment did not encourage me to buy anything. But merely to give them a wide berth if I came upon a motorhome with those signs on it...

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
YouTube is an unknown website?

In what parallel universe?

Unknown ad sites from the youtube video

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Who the heck clicks on an ad on an unknown website? That's just foolish.

YouTube is an unknown website?

In what parallel universe?

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Hmmm, he mentioned something about his twelve volt air compressor "This is supposed to be the best one on the market" without elaboration. Did I miss something?

The 12V portable air compresssor in the video was one of the VIAIR models - probably one they offered some time ago when the video was made - as the newest models now seem to have black coiled extension hoses instead of bright yellow hoses.

As I understand it, VIAIR portable air compressors are some of the best available ... but of course you have to be willing to pay for that. One of their outstanding features that $$$ gets you is the capabilitly - with at least some of their models - to be run continuously for full inflation of a large tire - with no periodic stopping to wait for the compressor to cool down.

Here's a link: https://www.viaircorp.com/portables
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
As for me I saw this with a you tube connection. With Windows, Firefox, Norton filters I still won't go to Virusville or Worm Hollow, blind.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:

My wife....and the women she works with. I am always cleaning out peoples personal puters she brings me from work with gobs of crapware and an occaisonal reload of the OS. I make a nice buck at times.

Click, click, click, click, click lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, he mentioned something about his twelve volt air compressor "This is supposed to be the best one on the market" without elaboration. Did I miss something? The comment about Green Slime being too small was sorta useless. But the tire plugging scene was funny. "Yeah maybe it's a good idea to gob the glue on" His overlooking the screw on tire valve adapter in favor on the push on was pathetic. But he made up for all that with the dust cloud IMHO.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
theoldwizard1 wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
Most people don’t realize, and the powers that be like it that way, but you can actually make a pretty decent income off a popular YouTube channel.

Maybe !

If you can build a big enough audience, then yes. It takes a log time and a lot of work to build that audience. The Wynn's ARE successful at it and still doing well now that their "yacht" is actually on water.

A good topic, personality and decent videography are what creates a successful YouTube channel. A nice looking narrator/couple helps !

Actually that’s not quite true. It’s viewers clicking on links to sponsors / advertisers that generates the income, not the number of views or followers.

If a particular video gets ten million views, but nobody clicks the links, zero income is generated.

If on the other hand, a popular DIY video featuring a great new or relatively unknown product gets only a few thousand views but most people watching click the links, there’s money to be made.

To put it in perspective, a video can generate between $1 and $100 per 1,000 viewers that click the links depending on the company being linked to.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
When he huffed and puffed up a dust storm off the wheel that did it for me -- a genuine effort to mimic Inspector Clouseau.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
Most people don’t realize, and the powers that be like it that way, but you can actually make a pretty decent income off a popular YouTube channel.

Maybe !

If you can build a big enough audience, then yes. It takes a log time and a lot of work to build that audience. The Wynn's ARE successful at it and still doing well now that their "yacht" is actually on water.

A good topic, personality and decent videography are what creates a successful YouTube channel. A nice looking narrator/couple helps !

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Sailing in the ocean can be very dangerous, so if they are still alive...
..... but I guess I've seen some really lucky sail boaters. Probability will get you in the end though.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Several of the RV bloggers I used to watch spend so much time reviewing gadgets, either openly admitting they're commercials or just go on about something they claim to discover themselves.

I wish they'd go back to reviewing their travels, the locations they visit, etc.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly I don't understand the fascination with bloggers. Really? 26 minutes about a leaking tire. Good for them if they can make a living off of getting followers and sponsors for their blog. I am not a fan of any of them.