cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To my fellow Garmin users

wallaceb
Explorer
Explorer

To all who use Garmin devices = I have and used (Several) Garmin GPS devices for MANY years. Always thought highly of their products. Tried to download map updates to my 770LMT which claimed "Free Lifetime Maps and Traffic" but failed to be able too. Contacted GARMIN directly and was told that the 770LMT's have been discontinued so downloads are no longer available but I would be welcome to buy a newer version. To be fair the devise has ALLWAYS worked well and has been a good product, BUT, I can't see buying another GARMIN. Just another example of how, as consumers, we are LOOSING TRUST in most all the things that we buy today, as victims of planned obsolescence. As it turns out my  "WAZE" app and likely the built in dash device in my next "tow vehicle" (maybe I shouldn't consider that feature either) will get me everywhere I need. Sorry but smarter. Happy Trails

1 REPLY 1

bdoppel
Explorer
Explorer

RV Life has a trailer route map that allows you to plan trips then it routes you to your destinations. I've not compared the routes to my garmin yet, but will be trying it this summer. This could be a decent replacement for you.