cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voyager backup camera

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
After a lot of frustration and research, I finally have a working backup camera on my Class C. The camera stopped working last fall when I was having battery issues with the chassis battery. I think in the process of trying to start the MH with a weak battery and trying to use the aux battery in the coach, I must have killed the monitor. Anyway it has not worked for several months. I have tried various means to try and fix it to no avail.

I then ordered a new camera and monitor from Tadi Brothers, but after receiving it, I decided that it was too incompatible with my Voyager system. It would have involved multiple adapters, cutting and splicing wires and cables etc. Don't get me wrong. Tadi Brothers tried very hard to help me out but I did not want to do a complete "re-cable" nor did I want wireless if I could help it. I then googled "Voyager" and came up with "RVCAMERAS.COM". I gave them a call and they were very helpful in getting a new monitor to go with my 11 year old camera. It was basically a "plug and play" with only one adapter required.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to encourage anyone who might have problems with a Voyager system to call RVCams. Their customer service was outstanding and I am a satisfied customer. No, I do not have any ties with their company, just giving them a little support for their efforts.
5 REPLIES 5

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
twotoes wrote:
I just purchased a wireless camera system from them that was a lot less than the Voyager. Called their customer service to report that it was intermittently loosing the camera signal. They are sending me an external antenna for the camera at no cost. Hopefully his will correct the problem. Great customer service.

You don't say how long your camper is. Mine is40'.

I was having the same problem as you. RV Cams had me add the 80" antenna extension. IT helped but didn't totally cure the problem.
Called RV Cams back and purchased the 30'antenna extension cable.
Now my antenna is mounted on the front cap and I have not lost the signal.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

twotoes
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a wireless camera system from them that was a lot less than the Voyager. Called their customer service to report that it was intermittently loosing the camera signal. They are sending me an external antenna for the camera at no cost. Hopefully his will correct the problem. Great customer service.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I have never heard a complaint about them in all the years I have been on RV.NET. Many posts by satisfied customers. I bought my camera from RVCams in about 2005 or 2006. They were extremely helpful in educating me on cameras. There is lots to know to select the correct camera for your needs. They got it right for me.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, rv.cams are the pros. One of the very few places that not only sells but services cameras and monitors.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/