cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water heater problem

bcew99
Explorer
Explorer
Got brand new Winnebago toy hauler 3 weeks ago and the water heater don’t work.
It’s a dometic 10 gal electric an LP. I live 200 miles from dealer so a tech called me and we decided it was the circuit board. Got the new board in mail and put it on it wouldn’t light off no gas no spark. Same as before. I pulled thermostat wires and put them back and it started up. Gas heated tank quickly. Went camping that weekend and no go. No gas no spark no electric heat. Jumped thermostat jumped high limit switch no go.
Fuses are good. It’s getting 13 volts from switch when on.
Any ideas What’s the reset light on the panel do? Don’t want to take to dealer and lose 2 weeks of camping??
2 REPLIES 2

bcew99
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
On your outside is a VIN decal. On that decal will be the Month/year the RV was built. Please get that date. A year ago Atwood/Dometic has had thousands of Water Heater Circuit Boards have a inop operation. Dometic pulled ALL from their warehouses and dealers were supposed to purge their existing replacement Boards and send back for replacement with the updated good boards. So, it is very possible that your dealer sent you a older bad board. There is no distinction between the good new boards and the older bad boards. Almost all 2020 RV's have a good board, but there was the transition from 2019 to 2020 that some 2020's are built in early 2019. I would call that Tech who helped you and ask if he was aware of this recall Board problem. If he was, odds are the Parts dept may not have known. Doug