cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump continues to run on

dalehelman
Explorer
Explorer
When using fresh water pump I turn off the water the pump cycles and builds pressure as normal. Some time later the pump will begin to run at a low level I mean it is very quiet. Not the Normal loud vibrating pump sound. It is definitely running I can here and feel it. I have RVed for many years in all types of vehicles and never run into this problem. There are know water leaks and the hoses are all tight. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Dale
Dale & Sandi
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 Little Guy T@B Sofitel
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System
3 REPLIES 3

Jbechtoldt
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar issue... Replaced water pump, check valve for city water, and tightened water connections and problem still existed. Turned out to be the fresh water pick-up hose from the from the holding tank to the water pump. The fitting on the pump was tight but the clamp that held the hose to the fitting was a little loose... It was letting a little air get into the line causing an air pocket in the pump. I tightened the clamp and the problem was fixed. Check the hose fittings... If tight, you have a leak somewhere between you fresh water tank and output of your water pump. By the way, when I was hooked up to city water I had no problems with loosing pressure, only when I ran off the pump.
2007 312BHBS Wildwood LA by Forrest River
2006 GMC 2500HD Extended Cab 4x4, LBZ Duramax w/Allison, Air Lift air bags, Bilstein's, Tonneau cover, Prodigy

09FLSTC
Explorer
Explorer
You might not want to hear this but you have a leak somewhere.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you losing pressure back through the pump diaphragms? This would not move water so it would be quiet but the pump is trying to regain the pressure. There could be a piece of grit, trash or even a tiny hole causing it. there are rebuild kits on most makes
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow