cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Pump Stopped Working

Imotay
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Coachman Freelander 26RS Class C....I have owned for a year...We are using the RV kitchen with our home kitchen is being remodeled....Water pump has worked flawlessly up until today. It worked fine last night but will not come on today. RV is sitting in my back yard and has not moved. The light comes on but the pump does not. I also need to actually put my eyes on it as well. Any ideas? I pulled the fuse and it does not look blown. According to the panel, it is the only item on the particular fuse. Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7

Imotay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I tracked the pump down to the low point drain area. Checked the power and gave it the "Love" tap. That worked. Pump came back on immediately. Another learning experience. Also to answer why I am not using city water, based on my current situation (parking and not blocking garage where DW parks), I would need about 70 feet of hose. Currently I only have 50 feet. I might find myself at Wally World this weekend to correct this issue

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have water in the tank?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Could be defective pump, defective switch, defective relay (monoplex relay), defective wire/fuse. I would run 12 volts directly to the pump - if it works then start checking the other stuff. In my rig it was the monoplex relay (it's the relay that the kitchen, bathroom, outside shower switches all connect to)- location varies by rig and often difficult to find.
Kevin

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Please dont take this wrong - especially since I am no exception.
Have you done anything in the rig lately? Open any compartment or get into something or someplace that you don't normally get into? Maybe put something away?
Maybe you disrupted something.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
Possibly bad pressure switch on the pump. Need to put a meter to the power wire.

This. Plus make sure there is power to the pump.

Then give the pump a little "love tap" with a solid object such as a small hammer. The pressure switch could be stuck.

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
I would check the fuse with a VOM and insure that the fuse is good. Then if it is good then just follow the wire and check for power along the path.

On a side note if your MH is at your home why not just use the city water connection and not worry about using the pump?
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly bad pressure switch on the pump. Need to put a meter to the power wire.