cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water supply

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I wont to put my rv on an empty mobile home trailer lot.Does anyone know if the water company will turn the water on if i am planning to use it for my motorhome instead of what the lot is intended for?
joe money
9 REPLIES 9

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
Jim-Linda wrote:
Why not call the water company and ask.
Its the weekend and thier not open.
joe money

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
joe0508 wrote:
It is where a trailer set and i wont to turn the water on.Would there be some way the water company can come out and install a water spigot?Would this be a big job?
No, it's just plumbing. If one doesn't already exist, you may have to install a backflow preventer.
Is this something the water company will do?
joe money

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Some water and power companies may object to providing save to a "Sticks and Bricks"

now today there is a trend toward "Tiny Homes" in many communities. These are houses not much larger than a common one room efficiency apartment. In some cases even smaller.

Every RVer can use a storage building. So build yourself a "Tiny House" but use it for storage. put power and water (And sewer) to it, and hook up.

Use the house for storage.

Note some of the places that build pre-built Garages and storage buildings can likely factory build that Tiny House for you (i've seen them on trailers going down the road) and simply deliver it to your log, all pre-assembled, Level it up, stake it down and hook it up. Low cost too. (I do not knwo where you are but I've been to campgroudns that use them for Camper Cabins Some are built on site, some trucked in).
I am curious as to where these "Tiny Home" communities actually exist, other than on Reality Television. And, in my opinion, park model communities in snowbird areas don't count. I think those Tiny Home shows are just the natural progression of the television show "Jackass". People willing to do or say anything to get their 5 minutes of television fame. (that's down from the 15 minutes that used to be the standard to act like an idiot).

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not call the water company and ask.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
joe0508 wrote:
It is where a trailer set and i wont to turn the water on.Would there be some way the water company can come out and install a water spigot?Would this be a big job?
No, it's just plumbing. If one doesn't already exist, you may have to install a backflow preventer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
joe money

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some water and power companies may object to providing save to a "Sticks and Bricks"

now today there is a trend toward "Tiny Homes" in many communities. These are houses not much larger than a common one room efficiency apartment. In some cases even smaller.

Every RVer can use a storage building. So build yourself a "Tiny House" but use it for storage. put power and water (And sewer) to it, and hook up.

Use the house for storage.

Note some of the places that build pre-built Garages and storage buildings can likely factory build that Tiny House for you (i've seen them on trailers going down the road) and simply deliver it to your log, all pre-assembled, Level it up, stake it down and hook it up. Low cost too. (I do not knwo where you are but I've been to campgroudns that use them for Camper Cabins Some are built on site, some trucked in).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
It varies. The water company likely doesn't know the difference, but the hookups for a RV and a mobile home are not at all the same.

Ask the management of the mobile home park. Water is probably the least of your problems, sewage and electrical hookups can be quite different RV vs mobile home, and the power company can be a stickler for following code. Banged heads with those when they were rewiring entrance service to a 70 year old house I owned, ended up putting in a new breaker box and bypassing all the old boxes. It is not like just plugging in a cord.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you 'allowed' to LIVE in an RV there........zoning laws, restrictions, ordinances?

Simple check with city/town building department will provide answers.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31