cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where did the Official Unofficial Champ Invr Gen thread go?

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
Sometime back, way way back, I started a thread about the Champion Inverter Generator in Tech Issues, I think it was named something like the official unofficial something or another. I cannot locate it, it was really long and had many many pages. It's been a really long time since I posted or read it, and stopped keeping up with it.

Does anyone know where it is?
2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
5 REPLIES 5

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, the explanations make perfect sense!
2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Good thing I kept it. Having a hard time finding it in a search (and I'm pretty good at that.)

I kept it also but, now I can't find it. I guess keeping it didn't do me much good. :S

Thanks.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy all 291 pages! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Official 2kw Champ inverter thread

Good thing I kept it. Having a hard time finding it in a search (and I'm pretty good at that.)

I agree with your assessment; you're as good as I've seen.

Here is the problem with finding this thread (and it would have been a problem when the search engine was really powerful.)

As you know, when a thread has been inactive for 12 months, it is supposed to be locked and moved to the archives. (More about that below.) The normal search only finds posts made in the last 12 months and an archival search should find posts that are more than 12 months old.

What happens if a thread is still active, but has posts that are more than 12 months old? None of the posts are archived, hence an archival search cannot find them. But a regular search can't find them either; a regular search only looks at posts made in the last 12 months.

To illustrate: A subject line search for "official" should find a thread titled The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread. But the originating post was made in in 2010. Hence, a regular search will not find it. Since the thread is still active, the originating post has not been archived, so an archival search will not find it either.

To find the thread using the forum's search engine, you would have to know a keyword in a post that has been added to the thread in the last 12 months. Champion is in the last post made. So a search for Champion will find the thread. Alas, it would also help is you knew that the last post was made in February; the post would be found on page 6 of the search results.

More about archiving: In late April 2013, the forum software stopped properly archiving posts. Any post more that 12 months old that was made after late April 2013 cannot be found by the search engine.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Official 2kw Champ inverter thread

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman